• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengal Dad/ fishing

gbbengal

This is probably kind of a bizarre first post, but my son received a scholarship to play football and we will be coming this summer (The family) for about a week to hang out in Pokey and watch a few practices.I would like to take my younger son fishing while were there. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. GO BENGALS.

It depends on what you want. You can fish the Snake River in Island Park, Henry's lake is quite close. You can go to Mackay and fish the Big Lost which is also great. You can stay close and fish the Portnuef just outside of town, or slip up to Chesterfield. You could also head up to the Salmon river just outside of Salmon Id, or even go to American Falls res. about 20 miles away. There are many other options and I'll let the other guys weigh in..

Send me a private message on this board when you know when you're coming and tell me what kind of fishing you like (fly fishing, bait or lures -- rivers, streams or lakes). Send me your email address, and I'll be glad to get back with you with some recommendations. BTW, tell us about your son! What's his name, what position does he play, where are you from -- inquiring bengal minds want to know.

Yes GB stands for Granite Bay. Now you guys knows who I am. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? LOL Thanks for the responses and Skippy I'll be sure to do that when I know the dates. GO BENGALS

I would say your best bang for the buck is going to be below the American Falls dam. You have a huge selection of species. If you want to go big the sturgeon in deep water. You got the bass hanging out near the edges along with the perch. Or you could try your hand at the rainbows and other trout type. You never know where they will be. Then you have the Utah chub or the carp. I think if you want to stay somewhat close to campus this will be your best bet. About 18 miles away. Good luck. Might see ya down there.

When I was a kid, we went to the Big Lost River out by Arco, Birch Creek (Blue Dome on the way to Salmon) and Willow Creek which is in the foothills outside Idaho Falls. We always caught fish. ALWAYS.

As I got older, I would venture down to the Snake River in downtown Idaho Falls and go down by the falls and cast a Panther Martin or cheese curds. We'd catch some nice Browns there.

Latest posts

Back