• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengal football back to ALL BLACK at home?

bengalcub

Rumor has it black jerseys and black pants will offset a slightly tweaked white helmet.

Sounds good to me!

Personally, I don't particularly care for the all black uniforms -- I think it's pretty ugly. That's probably the ugliest color scheme you could ever have. But I know there's some NFL teams out there that do like to use them because the color black "instills fear" in the minds of their opponents. I like them the way they're at now, with the orange jerseys and white pants with orange trim. But if you have to have those black uniforms, then probably the best color scheme would be to have the black helmets with the black jerseys, with white pants with orange or black trim -- like what Oregon State uses.

Now some idiot is going to come on here and say, "this is digusting, what difference does it make what color the uniforms are -- just so long as we win ballgames."

I like black, personally. Oregon State style? No...we need an ISU style. I like Black helmets with "State" on them with orange stripes trimmed with white. Black jerseys that have white numbers with orange outlines (the reverse of the Beavers' uniforms) and say "Idaho State" across the front (ala South Carolina). Not sure on the pants, other than that they're black.

That's my take on it, a new look would get some energy going into the team. If you don't believe me, ask Notre Dame whenever they break out the green jerseys. And God forbid we ever look like Oregon...their uniforms are just terrible.

I'll talk with ya'll later, gotta get a root canal :(

The helmets are white, but I believe we are flipping the logo colors to be a black 'IS' with orange trim. I haven't seen the uniforms (I was not privy, despite my role in uniwatchblog-land), I'm just hoping the numbers are readable from the pressbox...that's my major concern LOL.

ISUSID

Didn't somebody do a study once and found that teams that wear all black get penalized more? I think it's called the "Darth Vadar effect."....

No, it's the exact same "IS" that is on the helmet, but instead of orange with black trim, it's black with orange trim.

ISUSID

So now that the Bengals will be wearing the new Black jersey's, does that mean that they will take the field while the song "Men in Black" by Will Smith is playing on the loud speakers? That will intimidate the hell out of the opposition im sure. :lol:

ajwildcat, that was frickin' hilarious..! Have you got any more original, well-timed jokes for us, tool bag?

I don't see how anyone whose team wears a sick purple can make fun of a team wearing black...it just doesn't click.

I've heard there are some of those elements, but honestly, I'll look when I get back...perhaps I can get a scan and a story out of it, but I haven't seen them yet. Again, if the numbers are readable, I'm happy LOL.

ISUSID

Latest posts

Back