• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengal Football is Back!!!

I think they'd win easily...but Idaho won't do it of course. Remember they say they will only play "big time" football. LOL. :D

PBP

You mean they'll only play AGAINST "big time" football teams? Because they certainly don't PLAY "big time" football.

Too bad they refuse to admit they made a mistake and should come back to the Big Sky for football.

But you know, they draw *cough* 15,000 *cough" fans to their games by playing FBS opponents, like this game a few weeks ago against South Alabama.

evc_20140927_South_Alabama_vs_Idaho_183394.jpg

sasquatch said:
But you know, they draw *cough* 15,000 *cough" fans to their games by playing FBS opponents, like this game a few weeks ago against South Alabama.

evc_20140927_South_Alabama_vs_Idaho_183394.jpg

Ouch!

Yet, I do like the look of their dome. First class in the FCS

It's obvious from the looks of the stadium that they didn't have 8 or 9,000 at that particular game, and yet Idaho states that there were 15,000 for that game and every other home game they play this year. It's my understanding that the attendance figures need to be actual tickets sold for the game and that they can't really lie about these figures. Perhaps there was a company or wealthy individuals that snatched up the tickets in order to come of with these figures, I don't know. Can someone that knows something about this subject matter explain this?

The big games this Saturday is Montana at Cal Poly and ISU at Northern Colorado. The loser in the Montana / Cal Poly game will most likely drop out of the TOP 5 in the Big Sky. If ISU wins at Norther Colorado ISU will remain in the TOP 5 or may go higher in the Big Sky standings. How about them Bengals playing like they are a playoff team?

boisebengal said:
It's obvious from the looks of the stadium that they didn't have 8 or 9,000 at that particular game, and yet Idaho states that there were 15,000 for that game and every other home game they play this year. It's my understanding that the attendance figures need to be actual tickets sold for the game and that they can't really lie about these figures. Perhaps there was a company or wealthy individuals that snatched up the tickets in order to come of with these figures, I don't know. Can someone that knows something about this subject matter explain this?

Attendance is counted as tickets sold. If it were butts in seats, 9,000 would be about double what ISU has been getting so there's not a lot of room for smacktalk there by either team. It would be terrific if ISU and Idaho played again, Kramer and his staff are great. Last time ISU beat Idaho, OJ Simpson was on trial. Looks like ISU has been scheduling money games too while using Division 2 teams as tuneup games, so I would be interested in knowing ISU's stance on playing Idaho.

svvandal said:
boisebengal said:

Attendance is counted as tickets sold. If it were butts in seats, 9,000 would be about double what ISU has been getting so there's not a lot of room for smacktalk there by either team. It would be terrific if ISU and Idaho played again, Kramer and his staff are great. Last time ISU beat Idaho, OJ Simpson was on trial. Looks like ISU has been scheduling money games too while using Division 2 teams as tuneup games, so I would be interested in knowing ISU's stance on playing Idaho.

I think the problem with scheduling Idaho is $$$. ISU has been able to leverage much larger paydays from schools like BYU, Utah and Boise State than the Vandals have been willing to pony up. Plus getting to Idaho is always a pain -- typically a 10-hour bus ride. Much easier to bus to Boise, Provo or SLC.

A lot of Bengal fans still hold on to the notion that ISU should be able to compete with the Vandals since your program has been so terrible on the 1-A (now FBS level), but unfortunately, the times when we have faced you since your move up, we haven't been competitive at all. Even though U of I hasn't been very successful at FBS, it is still a VERY different brand of football, and ISU's simply not had the talent to compete at that level. The Bengal offense has risen to a new standard this year, and I think we could very likely score points off you this season, but the defense and special teams still need a year or two more of progress before we could seriously think about beating you guys. Of course, Eastern Washington has no defense this year, and they still hung tight with UW, so who knows?

SVV, for the Homecoming game against Sac State we probably did have about 7400 fans and there were probably about 6300 on hand for the So. Utah game; I was there for both. And I think that the posters here that were there for those games could probably vouch for this. Maybe for your games you do sell out and about a few thousand or so don't show up.

I wanted to elaborate a little on what Skippy just said. I had heard that Kramer won't play at Moscow because Idaho only pays about $150,000, and we can make at least $400,000 or so by playing a team from the Pac-12, MWC or another major conference. There's no Big Sky team that will play Idaho for that little of money. You start paying quite a bit more then you may get Big Sky teams to play there.

Boise:

Or you can wait three years and Idaho will be back in the Big Sky. I know unofficially the conference office is basically expecting this to take place in a few years...at least from what I've been told.

PBP

boisebengal said:
SVV, for the Homecoming game against Sac State we probably did have about 7400 fans and there were probably about 6300 on hand for the So. Utah game; I was there for both. And I think that the posters here that were there for those games could probably vouch for this. Maybe for your games you do sell out and about a few thousand or so don't show up.

I wanted to elaborate a little on what Skippy just said. I had heard that Kramer won't play at Moscow because Idaho only pays about $150,000, and we can make at least $400,000 or so by playing a team from the Pac-12, MWC or another major conference. There's no Big Sky team that will play Idaho for that little of money. You start paying quite a bit more then you may get Big Sky teams to play there.

Makes total sense and that's what I suspected ($$). We too had a pretty good turnout for homecoming and Ws for both programs will help.

boisebengal said:

During Kramer's 1st or 2nd year, he said that ISU wouldn't play at Idaho or Boise State as long as they were paying so little. His reasoning is that since the FCS school will always be the underdog due to fewer scholarships and smaller budgets, then ISU might as well get more bang for their buck. BSU finally increased their guarantee amount, and ISU will receive $425,000 for a 3 hour bus ride next season.

Idaho paid EWU $150,000 for their game a couple years ago, but EWU also played WSU the following week. There would be lots of Big Sky schools which would play at Idaho in exchange for a return game, but the likelihood of that happening is null while Idaho plays at the FBS level.

Somebody can correct me if wrong, but it was my understanding that the two games played at Idaho a few years back were scheduled by Jim Senter. The games didn't do ISU any favors but did benefit his former school. ISU barely broke even or might have even lost money as a result of the games when travel costs were subtracted.

Bengal Football is Back!!! Where in the subject does it talk about Idaho vs. Idaho State? The subject should be changed to "ISU vs Idaho" so people can chat about that specific topic when they view the board subjects.

As I recall, ISU only received $100,000 or $125,000 for the Idaho games too. I heard as well that Senter set these up.

Latest posts

Back