• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals Add DL

Skippy

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2012/2/23/FB_0223124632.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On signing day Kramer said that there was going to be additional recruits sign, but I don't recall him saying that there would be any additional d-lineman. Does this mean that some of the others he thought would sign fell through?

I heard Kramer say in an interview with Jeff Caves that the big Tackle that they had committed changed to Army. I am thinking that may have been the scholarship they used.

I know there's a few more recruits that the staff is waiting to see if they're going to pass their college entrance exams, and I'm not sure how many of these will pass them. But if the football staff will see to it that we have the highest academic standards of any team in the Big Sky, then it may make it that much tougher to bring in some quality athletes. We didn't bring in any JC kids because Kramer is souring on these guys, and so far haven't brought in any 1A drop downs, so we're really counting on these true freshmen to step up and help out right away. There's a 240 lb. offensive lineman from Mountain View High in Meridian that went to Weber that Kramer didn't recruit because he's too small to help us out right away. But we did bring in several kids that have good size that are in the 270 - 285 lb range that may help us, but I'm just wondering that because of the fact that they are true freshman, if they'll be ready to contribute right away. Quite often when kids come in to a college program they'll redshirt, or possibly greyshirt, their freshman year and may not start until a few years after that -- but not always.

Josh Cutler and Jim Bagley were both true freshmen. They lost their redshirts and did get playing time. Hopefully a lot more this year. I think there were others also, I just dont know who everyone is yet.

I wish ISU could have afforded to redshirt both those kids. But, depth issues made playing them a necessity. That is the thing with recruits from this years class as well as last year, come to ISU because you really have the chance to play very very early.

I expect Bags and Cutler will make noticeable strides during the off season. What they did last year as TRFR was selfless and commendable.

I think that Clampitt is kind of the glue that holds the o-line together. I hope he has a great year! :notworthy: Fingers crossed! GO BENGALS!

I heard Mark Clampitt may break the school bench press record. Who will be the OL starters? Do you think an incoming OL freshmen can be a starter? If so, who? Who will they replace and why?

Here is my guess: Tackles Beckman and Jackobson, with Bagley as a backup. Guards will be a competion between Cutler (if healthy) Namahola,Warner, and Wingrove (freshman) Center Clampitt.

On signing day coach Kramer indicated to the news press that incoming OL freshmen Wesley Wingrove will compete and maybe earn himself into a starting position at center. Coach Kramer also indicated to the press that they would then have to decide what they would do with Mark Clampitt as they feel Clampitt is the premier center in the BSC. Maybe, Clampitt will be moved to a guard position as he has played guard in the past with ISU. What do you think?

That maybe, I know they were not happy with the guard play last year. They may feel they need to get bigger at center with the amount of odd fronts they face or than Clampitt may be even more effective at guard . I believe Clampitt started out at guard last year and then move back to center.

I like your prediction regarding the OL starters as they have D1 experience. I think the coaches will evaluate the OL starters in the first 3 games and make adjustments until they find the right combination. As far as the offense, I believe we will be better than last year based on the players returning. Yost and the receivers need to put points on the scoreboard this upcoming year otherwise look for another losing season.

I do not know about the defense. We will be better or worse than last year? Last year our defense gave up more points than any team in the BSC.

Latest posts

Back