• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Bengals beat Boise Stat

50 yr fan

Bengals beat Boise State in Boise 72 to 70. Bengals roar back from big halftime deficit to stun Broncos. A great win I.S.U.. GO BENGALS

It really was a great win last night, especially when you consider that BSU definitely has better overall talent than ISU does. Plus our center, Kelvin Jones, fouled out early. Former Century all-state basketball player Malek Harwell played sparingly for the Broncos but didn't even score. Since BSU left the Big Sky over 20 years ago and is now playing in a much better basketball league, I think their talent level is much better than it was. I was there last night and was proud of how they played by fighting hard and never giving up one bit throughout the game.

I was at the game. Great win for ISU. I've been a season ticket holder since the Pavillion (Taco Bell Arena) opened.

My thoughts on the game...

First, I felt ISU had a good chance to win from the start. I don't think the Broncos and their fans respected ISU at all. It felt like an exhibition game. ISU would be at the foul line and you could hear a pin drop. The crowd was spectators, nonparticipants.

Wow, the Bengals can hit their threes! Incredible second half beyond the arc.

The Bengal center, #30 is talented but let his emotion get away the best of him. He had 3 quick fouls, including a technical foul. He was a non factor.

Finally, I thought the Bengals were over matched but they played through it. They played with heart and sponsored the Bronco fans ' quiet walk to their cars after the game.

Great game Bengals! Keep it up Good luck for the remainder of the year.

That was a NICE win last night over Boise, now we have to stay focused on the rest on the season build on that win. We have the right balance this year to WIN the Big Sky BUT it will take work and for each player to buy in accept their role. I mentioned in a earlier post the coaches have done a good job of putting a competitive team together with the right balance that showed last night THEY NEVER QUIT. The team chemistry is a lot better then the passed years, theres no one hanging their heads about playing time the bench has shown its supportive of whoever is on the court. They all understand that winning is whats important.

Evans 32% win record is like gravity after a nice win it brings us back to earth. New A.D. means suffering may be soon to end. GO BENGALS

50 yr fan said:
Evans 32% win record is like gravity after a nice win it brings us back to earth. New A.D. means suffering may be soon to end. GO BENGALS

50 yr fan said:

I did believe that the bengals will be out coached in most games, but did not think a NAIA team would be one of them. WHY was ISU playing a zone against a team that had absolutely no business even remotely competing against ISU. This game should have been done and dusted within the first ten minutes; but Evans, stubborn as he is, plays this weak zone against a team that they should have been Man to man against from top off. 74-66 win against a very poor team. Talent alone, this game should have finished 100-50 , no questions asked. POOR COACHING! The assistants must be furious honestly.

On another note- Jared looks hurt , slow, shots off, but yet he is still getting the second most minutes on the team, what gives ?

There are players on the court that offer nothing but “non mistake prone” players. Players such as Austin and Lyle who just go on the court, grab a rebound or two , go through the motions, and get back to the bench. These kind of players, will have their time in the future, they will become better players, but they should not be taking away minutes from Balint (like we saw in Pepperdine) from Gary, Alonso and others, none.

In post game interview , Evans said something that sounded so DAMNING, and scary if you are a Bengal fan. That he believes , the most talented players , aren’t always the best team? Maybe 15 years ago... because it’s the coaches job to make sure their best team is made around the most talented players. If this means, sitting your best scorers, rebounders, shooters, and playing a kid more because he won’t make that extra TO, and pass the ball, then bengal fans will be in for a tremendously long season yet again.

The same birds will chirp, Fire Evans... he should have been let go earlier. But this time, with the NEW AD, a coach who claims that best players aren’t the best team, in order to hide his favoritism amongst them all, will be signing retirement papers.

This ISU team is a above average conference team is they have proper rotations, coaching. Here is my 8- Kelvin, Balint, Gary, Jared, Brandon, Alonso, Chidi, Chier- anyone else should only be in for injury relief or to rest a position, nothing else.

Your 8 man rotation won't work because you only have one returned missionary listed.

donny said:
Your 8 man rotation won't work because you only have one returned missionary listed.

That would be unfortunate for ISU case, or fortunate ? Since it would be the end of Bill Evans career. Politics, religion should never play into basketball. The best players should be the ones playing, it’s as simple as that. If anyone disagrees, then they don’t understand the game of basketball, and they absolutely don’t understand what it takes to succeed.

Hank42 said:
Conference starts tomorrow what should we expect from the Bengals this year?

The same sort of lineups they have played in the last few games with 8 players playing most of the minutes available. If this remains consistent, with good play, I can see the bengals finishing in the top four.

I believe the Line-Up has the change depending on who were playing, the style of play changes from team to team in the Big Sky. There's times that Boyd and Dowd should be on the court together theres also times that Blake and Jones should be on the court together. We haven't seen those combination playing together BUT I'm sure when conference games call for it the coaching staff will make the changes. Again we have better bench this year and I believe it will work to our advantage.

Great win at Idaho tonight. Appears Gary is out of the dog house and Stutzman is starting to get his game back. This team is deep and could compete well in conference. GO BENGALS

I mentioned it before we have a lot of weapons on this team, last night it was Gary Monday it could be Jared any one of five different guys. We did have a lot of TO that has to change each possession is important. When you look at the stats and see that Moscan and Jared still have factor into the offense it just lets you know theres a lot of potential on this team. We still have to tighten up the defense side of the court BUT that will come with more confidence, also I think when Sam is in the game he should be allowed to put more full court pressure on the ball. Doing that could keep teams from setting up their offense make them rush more shots.

When will this team turn the corner and start playing to their potential, we have what it takes to compete and win.

….I think they like to shoot 3s....and are good at it when they are "hot".....BUT when they are not....defense could still keep them in a game BUT they don't like to exert the effort to play "a hard nosed in your face defense"...and Bill doesn't seem to call them out (or make changes) on playing defense poorly... :twocents: …...

I understand shooting 3's when we're hot BUT when we're not hitting maybe we should try mid-range shots, why not take a higher percentage shot. I agree about the defense BUT I believe with this team when the shots are falling the team is more RELAXED and plays both sides of the court. When the shots aren't falling then the heads and confidence also DROP.

Latest posts

Back