• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals defend Zamberlin

bengalcub

Idaho State linebacker A.J. Storms, the nation’s leading tackler, was bristling at Monday’s ISU sports press conference when asked about the chance that his coach, John Zamberlin, might be dismissed at the end of the season.

As the interview changed gears, Storms was asked what has made him such a great player.

“My coach,” he fired back without hesitation.

Zamberlin is the Bengals’ linebackers coach as well.

Although the Bengals have struggled to a 1-5 overall record and an 0-4 Big Sky mark, the players and coaches have remained united. Storms’ reaction was another example of that unity.

“That’s not something I can worry about,” Storms went on to say about Zamberlin’s job security. “Each week, we have responsibilities.

Read more: http://www.journalnet.com/sports/local/article_43bf2ee4-d5c4-11df-82e9-001cc4c03286.html

A lot of the players like coach Z. He is a very nice man, and that goes for Tingey as well. Coach Z is not going anywhere until his contract is over. Its just a matter of economics, ISU can't afford another coach and the President won't let him go because he signed off on the extension. Tingey was told to give him an extension for playing the money games and bringing in that revenue. That was Z reward from the President. When the President decides its time for Z to go, he will let Tingey know. for now, we are stuck with a below average coach and many don't see that changing for some time. I will give it to the Administration, they have not been airing their dirty laundry in the press as much as they use too. That maybe because they have gotten smarter, or because the former SID is gone. Either way, its good to see they aren't doing that, throwing students, staff and faculty under the bus is a no win situation for all. :( Cub, thanks for all your support of the athletes, You are the Best. :)

I put this here because Jerry Miller did tell me one time that two sides to the story do exist. This is the 2nd side of the story and I feel it is important to recognize this fact. Moving forward, I do try to do it when the information becomes available. Much like the APR story that the ISJ ran last year--I am confident that the future will show things differently.

AJ Storms is a stud. My favorite player and may be the best ISU LB that I have ever seen. AJ is a Zamberlin supporter and there is nothing wrong with that.

There will always be two sides of the story and I hear it (read it in PM's) from both sides of the fence every single day. I still feel the overwhelming majority of players feel trapped and are counting down the days till this season is over, hoping beyond all hope that the staff is changed. I believe that with all my heart. I also believe that Zamberlin is a phenomenal LIFE coach, but he isn't a D-1 FOOTBALL COACH.

Harely, I have respect for what you are saying and in the end you may be right. However, I still believe unless ISU turns the ship around in the last five games of this season, the Zamberlin ship will sail.

letuknow said:
Storms plays with alot of heart and is a great player, but Pago,Phipps, Atar were all better in my opinion.

Valid points, however Storms reminds me of Mike Calley and Mike Calley was a freaking beast. Storms will also have four seasons worth the production and just may end up owning the ISU record for career tackles.

AJ currently leads the nation in tackles and has had two games this season with at least 20 tackles.

Imagine if he would have redshirted as a true FR...

I agree with you Cub, Z is not a D-1 Coach that is for sure, and I also agree many players would welcome a change. Its just hard for some to accept that change is needed. When I say change from the top I mean Vailis as well. Wouldn't it be great to have a President that really supported athletics? He has caused a lot of strife on campus and that change would be welcome, but I think we will have to wait for that one for sometime, unless the faculty can spear head that. Oh well, Lets hope for the best in all things ISU. :)

letuknow said:
Storms plays with alot of heart and is a great player, but Pago,Phipps, Atar were all better in my opinion.

add to that anthony henderson, atelea raass, and sterling mennear...shit zach raphael would've play over storms too.

more relevantly, i consider phil arias to be a better linebacker. storms has the passion tho, people love that emotion.

Phil Arias--talk about a kid getting the Zambo shaft. Not many kids have ever given more to the program than Phil Arias. What a story--walk-on, turned special teams ace, turned 100 tackles as a JR, turned back up in 2010. That there is a pile of shit...

Remember this about A.J. Storms....he was a quarterback in high school, and a safety in his first year in college. He didn't play linebacker until getting moved there as a sophomore. I put him above Henderson and Raphael, as god as those guys were.

I just get the feeling that bengalharley doesn't like me....

Frank

Cub- You hit it on the head withthe shaft given to Arias. Maybe Z just did it to say that there was quality depth on the team, albeit only at one position? Too bad Hutton couldn't get on the field as a backer either...

First-Team Sporting News Preseason All-WAC (2008)
• First-Team Athlon Sports College Football Preseason All-WAC (2008)
• First-Team Phil Steele's College Football Preview Preseason All-WAC (2008)
• Academic All-WAC (2007)
• Second-Team All-WAC (2007)
• Second-Team All-WAC by scout.com (2007)
• Honorable Mention All-WAC by Phil Steele (2007)
• Third-Team Freshman All-America by The Sporting News (2005)
All at linebacker.

How is that guy not a starting linebacker? I understand that he had a late clearence before the first game, but even with limited experience with the scheme i guarantee he is head and shoulders above storms and the other backers. Bigger, Stronger, and Faster than all of them!!! If Z was the defensive genius he thinks he is, he woulda switched to a 3-4 to get more of his talented backers on the field.

I've always thought the 3-4 suits ISU because it's easier to recruit LBs then DLs...quality ones at least.

Frank

Latest posts

Back