• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals drop a c-note plus one on MSU

Skippy

Jared Stutzman scores 33 on 8-11 shooting from three and the Bengals put up 101 on the Bobcats tonight. I have to say this Bengal team has been a fun group to watch this year. Montana clinched the regular season crown with a win over Weber tonight, so maybe the Bengals catch the Griz hybernating Saturday in Missoula.

Congrats Bengals on a great win! It was fun to watch tonight -- I do think this team has improved as the season wore on...

17 3's, Skippy. Does everybody on here get a malt? ;)

Awesome that the basketball gods were on our side finally this game. A big lead was built but the Bengals kept dominating and didn't relinquish it.

Absolutely Spudhead. Unfortunately I’m having a colonoscopy so no malts tomorrow. But I’ll meet you at Tasty Treat next week.

A couple of tidbits — ISU is sixth right now, a game ahead of Portland State, who holds the tiebreaker over the Bengals. If we finish sixth, we’ll play Sac State in the first round— same team that beat us in the opener last year. If we finish 7th, we’ll get Southern Utah, a team we split with this year and one that has been playing pretty good basketball lately.

Last time ISU swept the Montana road trip? The 2000-2001 team beat Montana 79-75 and MSU 72-70, both in overtime. That Bengal team finished third in the league at 10-6, but lost in the first game of the tournament to Weber State.

The last time ISU won a conference tournament game was in 2009, when they beat Northern Colorado 67-60. They lost the next game, 61-53, to Portland State.

Stutzman and Luzcando combining for 55 points? With that kind of production on offense, ISU would give anyone in the Big Sky trouble. We haven't seen the consistency, but it's a great time of year for it to show up. We need Geno scoring more, especially in the tournament. Looking forward to Saturday's game. Go Bengals!

Stutzman had 33 points, he's playing great and only a sophomore! He should be one of the better players in the league in the next few years. We'll be really good next year if we just good a few missing pieces. Now we need to figure out how we're going to get the money for a new gym.

Stutzman might be an N.B.A. prospect and Boyd is a penetrator and shooter and with Gary and Mocsan on a upbeat offense could really shine. And there only sophomores. GO BENGALS

And no one has even mentioned Novak, who has really become a contributor. He's starting to figure out how find the open man when he is double-teamed -- as evidenced by his turnovers going down and assists going up. The Montana State commentators on the video feed repeatedly commented on how athletic he is for a 7-footer.

This team should be very good for the next few years. If Coach Evans can just find that elusive, athletic, rebounding-fool of a power forward, and a point guard to back up or play along side Brandon, we should be in the hunt next year.

My Griz friend from Missoula emailed me this morning and asked me to give him 10 points on Saturday's game. That was tongue-in-cheek of course, but who knows. They aren't playing for anything, and they might even rest their starters in preparation for the tournament. So, anything is possible. Regardless, we are playing our best ball right now, and I'm hopeful that if Gary is back for the tournament, we might do pretty well.

Latest posts

Back