• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals - Lumberjacks hoops

mt jack

Greetings, Bengals fans.

I see that ISU has played a reasonably challenging non-conference schedule and is sitting at 5-9. But more importantly, the Bengals are at 1-1 in conference. That has ISU sitting above three Big Sky teams.

What should be expected tomorrow night?

I Wish many of you could be here in flagstaff to see the jr. high court we are playing on. Seriously depressing.. This is the twilight zone..

tuffgong said:
I Wish many of you could be here in flagstaff to see the jr. high court we are playing on. Seriously depressing.. This is the twilight zone..

You didn't do your homework before the game, tuffgong.

http://azdailysun.com/sports/college/nau-lumberjacks/article_67fa49cf-fc20-5205-b187-4e4811ea21be.html

The Skydome's getting renovated this year. No hoops there til next season. You're watching the game in NAU's practice gym for a reason.

Does O'brien honestly think that he's going to win games with the plays he draws up at the end. It's been the same thing since he got here. Dribble around until the last second and the have someone throw up a 3.

Good game, but yeah, I can't believe that was the actual drawn up final play.

mt jack, I read where the Arizona State Regents approved NAU's request to renovate its fieldhouse, creating a 4,500 seat arena for NAU hoops. Any idea when that will happen or what it will look like?

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/education/article_45b0b4bc-c2cd-56b4-a6f2-ae26acf85037.html

Holy cow. That was a hell of a second half of basketball. There's no way ISU finishes towards the bottom of the Big Sky if they continue playing like that.

Busma was a beast inside tonight. Gilchrest, Taylor and Lacey have speed and hops. Grabau reminds me of your old guard/wing from Pocatello...blonde kid...think he played @ ISU for at least 7 years...he filled the hustle/glue-guy role well. The Bengals will beat NAU up there if this effort carries over.

All is not lost, Bengals fans. Give this team some love. They may surprise you.

sasquatch said:
mt jack, I read where the Arizona State Regents approved NAU's request to renovate its fieldhouse, creating a 4,500 seat arena for NAU hoops. Any idea when that will happen or what it will look like?

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/education/article_45b0b4bc-c2cd-56b4-a6f2-ae26acf85037.html

Sasquatch -

NAU's fieldhouse is used for intramurals right now and is between the library and the student union on central campus. It's a pretty big concrete building and will be due some sprucing up as it looks like something out of the eastern bloc (think Cold War era USSR). Apart from the fact that tickets are hard to come by where NAU's playing this year, I still think Rolle Activity Center feels more like a better basketball environment than the Skydome does. Stoked to hear that NAU's been given the green light to build a basketball gym. Mitch Strohman and Dave Brown were discussing it a bit during tonight's broadcast and said it could be ready within 1-2 years. That sounds a bit hopeful but ya never know. They also commented that the money is from the state and was ear marked quite a few years back by Arizona's old governor - Janet Napolitano - for campus renovation.

By the way, I like the new court surface for ISU hoops. Not quite as over the top as Roos Field in Cheney but it has a bit of character to it.

bengallifer said:
Does O'brien honestly think that he's going to win games with the plays he draws up at the end. It's been the same thing since he got here. Dribble around until the last second and the have someone throw up a 3.

Do you honestly think that's what Joe drew up...honestly?

Time to gel.... I don't get this attitude. ISU has already played 15 games... already lost 10 games. How much longer does it take to gel? Unless, you mean actually employing your sets against similar opponents... in that case, ISU is woefully gel-less.

votb said:
bengallifer said:

Do you honestly think that's what Joe drew up...honestly?

VOTB, the only reason I say that, is because it's been the same thing since he got here. Whoever is his go to player does the same thing in and end up game situation. AAA, Stucki, Morgan, GIlchrest they dribble around until a second left and throw up a three. Maybe he does draw something up, but it's never been executed in his time here, so it makes me think and I'm sure others that yes HONESTLY it does make me think that's what he drew up.

Personally, I would much rather have ISU defending tied than playing offense with a chance to win the game. In crunch time, ISU always seems to run tons of clock—running some sort of isolation and they always seem to wait until way too late to get things into motion.

That was not the play they drew up, but they cannot go out and complete the play from the bench. Someone has to not panic.

Latest posts

Back