• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals offer OLB/DB.

bengalcub

From Rivals.com:

In any sport, you never quite know how an athlete will respond to a position change. As it turned out for Berkeley (Calif.) standout Lucas King, it was an absolute blessing in disguise. Berkeley's senior captain moved from safety to outside linebacker this past season and has parlayed his efforts into a collegiate scholarship offer.

"Idaho State offered me a couple weeks ago," said King. "It was exciting. I was driving in the car and I told him I wasn't supposed to be talking on the phone but he told me he was offering me a scholarship. I almost had to pull over and start screaming. It was pretty cool."

King recently picked up his first offer

King, an All East Bay second-team selection this season, could wind up becoming a very intriguing prospect down the line with a couple years of polish at the next level. At the Palo Alto NIKE camp last spring, King showed very good speed by running a 4.55 40-yard dash. King also plays very tough at the point of attack.

"Idaho State is recruiting me as an outside linebacker," King said. "But a lot of schools are telling me I have the potential to play a lot of different positions. They see my athleticism."

Berkeley head coach Alonzo Carter convinced King to make the position switch at the beginning of the year and the results were magnificent. King helped his Berkeley squad to a 9-2 overall record and the program's second consecutive league title.

"Lucas has a lot of upside to him," Carter said. "He's 6-foot-3, 205 pounds. He might even grow into a defensive end. What's good about him is that he's real physical and aggressive. Lucas has only been playing the position for one year so you are looking at a lot of physical growth that can take him to another level."

"He's an athlete that adapted academically as well," added Carter. "He went to summer school, got his grades up to a 3.0 g.p.a. and passed the SAT. He worked really hard to put himself in a position to get recruited both academically and athletically."

King said he quickly adapted to the linebacking position.

"It's fun because you get to come up and smack somebody as hard as you can," he explained. "You are in the action a lot more. When it's fourth-and-inches you know it's up to you. When you are playing at safety you hope the guys up front and stop it so I love it."

ESPN link and video:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=61721&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d61721%26season%3d2009

The Journal reported today that ISU got a commitment from Colter Reeves, a 6-2, 210 RB from Firth who is being recruited as a DE.

a 210 pound defesive end? are there plans to make him a linebacker/de? or is he one of those kids who will really fill out?

The Reeves kid from Firth is FAST and has great quickness, will easily be able to get to 235-240 lbs. Kelvin Ang from the Journal also reported that we have offered the other great Highland H.S. (Poky) OL Chris Hardinger. He is being recruited by other regional schools. He is 6'4" 250 lbs. Too bad we lost the other O Tackle Jared Goody from Highland to Weber State... Anyone that says this staff doesn't recruit Idaho is retarded. They have extended scholly offers to nearly 20 Idahoans this year...

It would be nice to see Mason Higham from Shelley go Pocatello way. That would be a great fit for him and for ISU. He is looking at WSU from what I hear. I feel he would "Fit" ISU and the Sky much better.
Yes, Z is getting out to the Idaho Schools and doing a good job of getting good kids interested.
Anyone heard if ISU is looking at the WALSER kid from Mt Vernon Wash. much? I believe if anything like his dad Dave who played in the 80's that this kid could play other positions other then QB....Athletic like his father who also played QB in High School then moved over to the D side all the time.

From Compton JC a Howard Burley DT 6-2 290, seems they are waiting for transcripts for him. Found this on one of the JC message boards.

A couple of new kids we show as offering in football.
Ken Johnston 6-2 185 QB
Carmel (CA) Carmel

Justin Brown 6-1.5 260 DT
(Compton HS)
Compton, CA

Latest posts

Back