• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals Sign JC QB

Skippy

According to the Journal:

http://www.journalnet.com/sports/local/article_5e2f3880-1aa4-11e0-8220-001cc4c03286.html

Skippy said:
According to the Journal:

http://www.journalnet.com/sports/local/article_5e2f3880-1aa4-11e0-8220-001cc4c03286.html

A 56% completion percentage in JC has me stressed. I hope they snag another JC to be safe.

blackfootbengal said:
Cub you were in love with Galloway last year, he was a 54% passer. Are you getting picky as you get older.

Yes.

ISU is going to a spread offense where they have indicated that they will throw the ball 50 times a game. That wasn't the case last season. Also, I never anointed Galloway the starter or even the best QB on the team. Regardless of talent or not, the way the Galloway situation was handled was where I had my beef. Galloway could have helped last year, when Hill was beat up and not at 100%.

This new JC QB may be a bad ass and Kramer and his staff understand how to evaluate talent better than I do--but a 56% completion percentage and 16 TD's don't get my nipples perky.

I will pull for the kid though, he is now a Bengal.

Also, according to the Idaho Statesman, Rocky Mountain High's Levi Altringer, a 6'4" 190 lb. QB, has committed to play for ISU. He completed 154 of 225 passes for 2,473 yards while playing for the Grizzlies. Here's a link to the article http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2011/01/07/jzentz/standout_rocky_mountain_quarterback_bound_isu

Pass completion is not all on the Q the guys on the other end got to catch it. We need a Q that can make smart decisions. The guy does not have to be big or fast just smart with the ball and not make mistakes. (Kellen Moore) And a good student.

I wonder how far Yost was down the QB priority list before we signed him. I mean that I've got my concerns when he only had another offer from a Division II school. And I was hoping that we'd sign a Division 1A drop-down QB, like Weber, EWU, NAU and Montana have done in the past. But when we've had a losing tradition for some time, and have only won three games in the last three years, then I guess that's it harder for us to get these kinds of athletes. But I've got a lot of faith and confidence in Mike Kramer that he'll turn things around here, and he'll be able to get some good athletes here that other coaches couldn't have gotten. Plus it's a nice recruiting tool that we'll have a nice, new million dollar turf installed before the season begins. And I hope it's not all orange or all black!

I understand that Highland offensive lineman Josh Cutler will be playing for the Bengals this season. But I'm still wondering if any of these athletes will sign a letter of intent with ISU on February 2:: OL Jim Bagley and RB Jordan Deck of Rocky Mountain, RB Mike Kirby of Centennial, and RB Hunter Griffith and LB Cody McCarthy of Bishop Kelly.

New Turf? Is this a sure thing? What other important things have I missed? Do we have the schedule for next year?

Latest posts

Back