• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals vs Lamar

SLCBengal

Tonight's game can be seen online:

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/watch/?Live=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lamar's athletic department tweeted that the men's team was visiting on-campus housing last night to spur interest and invite students to tonight's game. Nice idea...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LamarAthletics/status/672954006864396290[/tweet]

Another game lost, that should have been a win.

I'm not going to sit here and call out names. Let me do this more "politically"

Our point guard was horrendous this game, the ball is in his hand way to much, and at his height he is no credible playmaker. His defense... Oh god.

They allowed a guy who is averaging 2 ppg, score 20 points. TWENTY FREAKING POINTS.

Didn't see any significant adjustments.

Our starting 3, number 10. Was awful as well. Why is he still getting minutes over who is on the bench?
No threat, that's when you try and switch it up a bit, but no the staff wants to keep him out there.

Give up too many offensive rebounds. They have a seven foot center that needs to learn to toughen up and play his position, not like a 15 year old but the damn big body he is.

Stop having the pg handle the ball so much , move the ball around , and get a flow going.

To many rushed shots in the end, some stupid plays here and there . And that makes them 2-5 going to a good Portland team.

I had my hopes but it's becoming a bit more difficult to be optimistic.

ISU commits 30 fouls and Lamar goes to the line 39 times. The Bengals did actually out rebound Lamar, the first time they've out rebounded a D-1 team this year.

The reason why they went to the line so much was because of the number of offensive rebounds they gave Up.

Can you blame the coaches? No not really. They do need to get a tough big for next year and I def would give them the pass considering they need to coach A group of new guys.

Just like the game against Denver. It's tough watching games that I think they should be winning.

If they can sure up this rebounding issue and pass the ball around more on offense, I think they will do much better then some of these results. These are games lost that should be won, and please don't mention the spread or anything. It's eye test, when we were up by 9, we could have pulled away.

cscsballscoach,

please list your coaching positions held (past and current), win/loss record, etc.

i get it - you got a kid your pushing on the team. but NO real coach i have ever met/seen/heard of would badmouth other young men with the 'advice'/venom you do just to pimp their own.

please go away. with the 'support' you show its only a matter of time before whatever special little snowflake is yours transfers and you leave the board. why waste everyone's time - go away now

Watched the game on-line with the commentary provided by the Lamar play-by-play guy who was doing the radio broadcast. He was awful with name pronunciation and just in general. :thumbdown: But, hey, that's Lamar's problem.
Went to a couple of the games in Reed and watched others on-line and it's obvious that ISU has a roster that is composed of 6th, 7th, and 8th (at the very best) off-the-bench players that happen to start and play because the rules mandate 5 players on the court.
There is very little that is interesting about watching this team from a skill and excitement point of view and there's a distinct lack of a personality that fans can gravitate to because of emotion and charisma.
[I'll use Chris Hansen of last season as one example pf a kid that you just wanted to pull for.]
Won't be wasting much more time on this team - win or lose. More than likely, won't have to worry about the winning very often.
Stink, Stank, Stunk.
Waiting for the "go away, we don't need fans like you" remarks. :lol:

This team is young, and haven't played together long enough to deserve the criticism they are receiving...yet. I'm no basketball expert, but one game we're lights out on the 3, getting out rebounded by 20. The next game we're off on the 3, and out rebounded or much improved at rebounds. What I enjoy, is you can't say we are ever being out hustled or look to be playing like we don't care, or don't want to improve and click as a team. We have not had our team click as a team yet. I feel it will come, but if it doesn't... doesn't change the fact that it's pretty early for what negatives have been said so far. Yes, we have the players, and had the chance to beat Lamar and Denver.
Cscsbballcoach, Gary will get his playing time. He is better then Clint so far. But his attitude isn't there yet to help a team mold.
One more thing, I usually don't aline with Spartan (sorry brother Spartan I just don't agree with your tactics) BUT the tone of cscsbballcoachs writings does seem to be almost hateful WAY past the basic criticism, almost like it's very personal. Strange. Sorry cscsbballcoach if I'm reading you wrong. Not intending to offend anyone.

spartan said:
cscsballscoach,

please list your coaching positions held (past and current), win/loss record, etc.

i get it - you got a kid your pushing on the team. but NO real coach i have ever met/seen/heard of would badmouth other young men with the 'advice'/venom you do just to pimp their own.

please go away. with the 'support' you show its only a matter of time before whatever special little snowflake is yours transfers and you leave the board. why waste everyone's time - go away now

QPr3xk9.gif

notabengalalum said:
Watched the game on-line with the commentary provided by the Lamar play-by-play guy who was doing the radio broadcast. He was awful with name pronunciation and just in general. :thumbdown: But, hey, that's Lamar's problem.

I swear he called us the Beavers at least once during the game.

notabengalalum said:
There is very little that is interesting about watching this team from a skill and excitement point of view and there's a distinct lack of a personality that fans can gravitate to because of emotion and charisma.

When the shots are landing, it's a fun team to watch. There will be growing pains. I agree about the latter part of your statement. I haven't seen any commercials on television for the basketball program, for example. Coach Evans also doesn't come across as incredibly charismatic or energetic. Maybe it's just me, but he sounded annoyed and bored at the coaches show when Jerry was asking questions. People still talk about the basketball kick-off in Reed where David Schroeder blew out his knee, and I don't know that there's been another type event since. ISU needs to do something to generate interest and excitement in this team. I'm sure there are some great stories behind some of these young men, but we just haven't had the chance to learn any of it. If only the sports information office had more - nah, never mind. ;)

Ethan Telfairs story is a great one. I love that he never gives up on his basketball dream. That kids been through a lot to keep playing, and there's videos I've found online of him working in the off season that blew me away! He works HARD! At the last home game, I even had a chat with a gentleman and his wife sitting behind me that seemed to have a special interest in Ethan. I discovered it was his person basketball coach in the off season and his personal life coach. The kids impressive. (Not talking basketball) He'll keep working to get even better.
Here's a few articles from two years ago on Ethan Telfair

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=158c3b90-2530-4b83-a261-e7b4a04a51fc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/22356950/providence-pursuing-jalen-lindsey-ethan-telfair-reemerges-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D :D :lol: :lol: Thanks for laugh Spartan. But please don't assume.

I don't have a "kid" in Isu. Do I know a few yes, I know and follow a hundred kids from many schools. Do they know me, highly doubt it.

Anyway. Enjoy the game . I critisize based on gameplay. It's a basketball fan page right?

it's simple, if they do well you applaud them, if they don't, you may critisize. If you do neither, but critisize someone who does, then your ignorant to the facts that are in front of you.

Let's hope they get a win, for the teams sake.

Goodnight fellas!!!

so you're not a coach.... you just pretend to be one on the inter web so you can badmouth kids you don't know...? wow.....just wow! sad really

you'll be gone right after your special snowflake transfers because the coaches wouldn't/couldn't/didn't see that they'd win 'state' if they'd just play snowflake like you think they should....

Yet another assumption, keep em coming...now this so called "kid" of mine is a snowflake!Lol keep the jokes coming. You should reconsider your career. You would be a awesome comedian.

Latest posts

Back