• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Bengals Win in Ogden!

It's a very nice win! It's very rare that we ever win down in Ogden. Especially when you consider their storied tradition they have in basketball relative to the teams we've fielded over the years. This win will be a big confidence booster, and I really think we can finish the season with a winning record. The addition of Stutzman has paid big dividends.

The way in which they won was impressive, leading for most of the game, being ahead at halftime, playing great man defense, and out rebounding Weber. Just a great team win on the road in Ogden.

That was awesome, no doubt! It's a pretty young team, too!

I have a question about our record last year and this year. Jerry kept saying that we had already matched our win total of last year before beating Weber. After the game, he kept saying we now had passed last year's win total. We won 6 games last year, didn't we? Lamar, Bristol, MT Tech, UNC, NAU, and SUU. We have 6 wins this season so far, with the win last night. Is Jerry confused or did one of those wins from last year not count? Just curious.

No, you’re right. I had a brain cramp. However, the steals stats I was given before the game for Geno were wrong. He actually broke the record last night instead of just tied it.

I don't think the Bristol win counted according to the NCAA. They were not an accredited school, they were not a NCAA or NAIA school. The Big Sky standings from 2016-2017 lists the Bengals overall record as 5-26, see for example, http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/conferences/standings/_/id/5/year/2017

I am not sure that Bristol University (located in Anaheim, CA) still exists. I cannot find its website online and its sports website or school Facebook page has not been updated for two years. Here is the school's defunct webpage, http://www.bristoluniversity.edu/

I think Jerry was correct the first time.

Spudhead said:
I have a question about our record last year and this year. Jerry kept saying that we had already matched our win total of last year before beating Weber. After the game, he kept saying we now had passed last year's win total. We won 6 games last year, didn't we? Lamar, Bristol, MT Tech, UNC, NAU, and SUU. We have 6 wins this season so far, with the win last night. Is Jerry confused or did one of those wins from last year not count? Just curious.

Couldn’t be more excited about our team Saturday night. Winning was big, but how we won was even more important!
We played like a team and for each other. Weber State seemed more like a one man team. We passed the ball and had a strong assist night. Weber state had 4 assist the whole game! We played defense, it seemed like they just wanted to get their shots up and defense didn’t matter. Coach Evans should be proud of the type of kids he bringing in and the team chemistry they’ve developed. I never want to cheer for a team that our point guard puts up 20 shots. Our distribution was beautiful and the best team won! I know it’s only one conference game, but I got a good feeling about this team.

Coach Evans deserves a lot credit, the team chemistry is out standing. I watched every game and I must say every player on and off the court has showed a positive attitude. The bench has been cheering and I have not seen any bad attitudes, the ball movement is great. Bringing Boyd off the bench adds energy to the team and changes the pace of the game. We have more depth and the rotation has worked out perfect the last few games. The team has the confidence to win on the road, that win at Weber State put the rest of the BIg Sky on NOTICE that Idaho State is coming to play this year.

I couldn’t agree more. The defense was the key. We held the league’s leading 3 point shooting team to under 20%. They were forced into becoming a one man team, with the point trying to force things by driving to the basket — and he rarely was able to kick out to someone at the 3 point line. Hence the poor 3 point shooting and lack of assists.

Plus the rebounding! I sensed that the whole team made it a real priority.

I’m still worried about a few things — horrible free throw shooting, Novak’s constant foul trouble, Gary’s seeming to have dropped off the face of the earth, Geno showing on a few occasions that he’s not a natural point guard, and Sam not contributing the way I thought he would. But, Coach Evans seems to have found the answers he’s been looking for and the team seems to have found its identity and chemistry.

I just hope the win in Ogden puts some butts in the seats. It should! I hope everyone in southeast Idaho is spreading the word that we have a team well worth supporting.

Latest posts

Back