• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Big News out of Northern Arizona

Seems a little bizarre...

Longtime NAU employee Dave Brown, 70, will serve as the interim head coach for the remainder of the season, starting tonight against Cal State Bakersfield.

Brown had not seen a men's practice this year prior to Friday. He has only watched the Lumberjacks while providing color commentary during game broadcasts this season. He plans to make some changes with how the squad plays over the remainder of their schedule, but nothing too radical to begin with.

Read more: http://azdailysun.com/news/local/adras-out-at-nau/article_d9a1eb5b-79fe-5107-9297-c624f74f189e.html#ixzz1g9cqziyW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's part of the new program just introduced at NAU - Take Your Grandpa to Work Day.

It may not improve the basketball team but will surely improve their broadcasts! :thumb:

notabengalalum said:
It may not improve the basketball team but will surely improve their broadcasts! :thumb:

:roll:
I never had a grandpa around to tell me rambling, discombobulated stories. I like Coach Brown for this reason. He's not quite at "Grandpa Simpson" levels but close.

NAU is 2-0 with their color commentator as coach. They beat Arizona State today.

Cast my vote for Brad over Joe.

We're starting to learn why Adras stepped down...

Former Northern Arizona men's basketball coach Mike Adras violated multiple NCAA and university regulations before he resigned in December, according to documents received by the Daily Sun.

An internal investigation also described a climate of "extreme fear" among players and assistant coaches if Adras were to learn they were cooperating with the probe.

Read more: Arizona Daily Sun: Adras Under Fire Before Exit

I heard about the per diem problems a couple of weeks ago while talking to a friend...it appears it was likely a "Resign...or be fired..." proposition for Adras.

Yep no doubt... that article also goes a long way toward explaining why none of the ISU assistant got made interim head coach.

Latest posts

Back