• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Big Ski Conference

BroadwayVik

The name Big Sky makes me think of Big Ski. This may well be a good way for this conference to distinguish itself among others: by asserting a comparative advantage in sponsoring ski team competition.

th
th
th
th

Imagine: Portland State Ski Team

We have Mount Hood, and many others have mountain venues at which they could host meets. Likely, not all member school have such access, but many do.

Probably tough to get this moved past an intramural sport for most schools.

Like you said, many venues near our conference schools, but challenging.

Bozeman, y'all. Bozeman. They're in a regular cycle for hosting NCAA championships. Thing is, those championships are nearly all Denver U vs Colorado.

Funny thing is that Flagstaff might be #2 on this list. Then I wonder if Missoula is closer to Whitefish than Sacramento is to the resorts near Donner Summit (Truckee has hosted more than once). In terms of this being fun to talk about, you'd be surprised which southern schools can be more included in this discussion than, say, Idaho, EWU, or North Dakota.

Unfortunately, this stuff requires money and skiing is notoriously not a revenue sport. Also, college skiing is generally something that otherwise good skiers would consider if their junior points aren't good enough to end up on the Europa circuit in hopes of qualifying for the World Cup circuit.

(Disclaimer: 23 years ago, my sister was one of those junior skiers. She's in Colorado at the time, I visit, she has me drive her down to the flats for a car part, then asks me to drive her into Boulder. Ends up talking to the Colorado ski coach. He's impressed with her points... tells her she's a sure bet for his B team, as his A team are all foreign imports.)

Latest posts

Back