• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Big Sky Changing Name ???

scooter

Thanks for letting me bend your ears - I'm a diehard PSU Viking fan, and normally don't post much on other forums, but I can't help myself, so please bear with me.

Evidently the Big Sky Conference is changing it's name to the Treasure State Conference beginning with the upcoming season, coinciding with the conference's new television contract with DirectV and the Root Network. What else can we expect when every single broadcast includes either Montana or Montana State. Really? And for any apologists out there who defend this crap because of the recent success of the Treasure State schools, all I can say to you is get some balls and contact the Big Sky and voice your concern. I can see showing a few more of their games because of their success, but Holy Sh...t !
:thumbdown:
http://www.goviks.com/news/2012/4/10/FB_0410122323.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, a Montana team every week. The rest of us get one game (EWU gets two, Cal Poly gets zero). This is kinda like ESPN just showing Yankees and Red Sox games all the time. This could backfire on Roots Sports if the Grizzly have a down year (based on the off season so far that is a possibility). I took your Treasure State Conference bit too literally but I appreciate your post now that I have seen the schedule. I wonder if they are going to just use Montana and Montana State TV production equipment as a way to save money? There is not much money in this for Roots Sports (they pay the Big Sky just a bit of money).

I was hoping that the WSU ISU game would be broadcast with 300K people in SE Idaho and 2 million in the wasatch front I thought that would have been an attractive TV market.
The grizz are going to lose 4-6 conference games. I think that Root sports is going to look stupid. Hey lets get the WSU game televised in SE Idaho and in Utah work together split cost.

Makes you wonder if this wasn't one of those "deals made with the devil" kinda thing. Maybe Fullerton made this deal with the Montanas last year as a way to discourage them from leaving for the WAC. With the record ISU has had, I didn't expect to see one game for the Bengals. Seems a little bush league to have one or the other Montana school EVERY week, though :wtf: .

This has to be a HUGE recruiting advantage for the Montana schools. It's one thing to tell your recruits every game is broadcast statewide, but it's another to be able to tell every recruit that most games are now available regionally across the northwest and rocky mountain states. I'm sure they'll be quick to remind recruits that schools such as Weber and ISU don't have more than one game broadcast.

Latest posts

Back