• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

big sky tv for isu/unc game?

weberwildcat1

im trying to watch today's game on big sky tv. is it working for anyone else? it just says "connecting..."

then never loads, it wouldnt work for the isu/usu game either. no other games have issues, just ones at isu?

I'm also confused about Big sky tv and what is the best browser to use. I talk to two people said they had no problem with it, then I heard it was hard to down load and jerky. Once it leaves the Holt we have no control over it. :o

Nay ! we try hard to make every broadcast great !!!!! what kills us is the web, like I said before once it leaves the Holt goes to cable one then to BI and out from there.

Webcaster, I just watched the Northern Arizona/PSU game on Big Sky TV and the feed was smooth.

On the other hand, the Bengal game vs. Northern Colorado was choppy and the video player was constantly buffering.

Anything you can do to improve the situation?

THANKS.

Most of the problems with the web casting is in the internet connection. Be it from Holt, through Cable One or BI ( the server for Big Sky TV ) in Ogden or out to your computer. So there are many connections where it can slow down,or get messed up. ( to used a non tech term). If Athletics had their own server ( which would cost a lot ) then they could control the output. Some of the larger schools have their own connection, which you can connect to. If you are having difficulties I would e-mail Big Sky TV and ask for tech assistance or complain. Doesn't hurt to make your feelings known.

We feed raw video/audio to the cable one connection. I haven't been able to watch any of our feeds but I will have my instructor, watch a few minutes and see if he has any problems. Will do this on the women's game Saturday.

I am glad to hear ( even complaints ) that we have a viewing audience. Maybe when the athletics department budget gets a little better we can have a third camera and instant replays. We are students from the ISU Mass Communication Department that produce the broadcasts......

Sorry I can't really be of any help......... but do talk to Big Sky TV......

Webcaster

Basically with big sky tv, it will work with Internet Explorer, not with Mozilla Firefox. And your internet high-speed connection needs to be at least 726 kbps. When I first got DSL it was running at about 256 kbps, which is must faster than a dial-up 56 kbps connection, but still not near fast enough for these broadcasts and for other streaming. So later I paid a little more to Qwest to kick it up to 1.5 mbps, and now have no problems at all.

Thanks for the helping each other and sharing information how to have a good experience with Big Sky TV.
The website for BI (Big Sky Tv ) is www.brin.com they have information about internet TV.

Latest posts

Back