• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Boise Experience

spazdog1

Hello Everyone. It's been awhile since I posted here. For those that don't know me, I've been around a long time. I am a Bronco fan, living in Meridian and attended BSU some 2 or 3 life times ago. I'm from Eastern Idaho, business brings me to Pocatello fairly often and I have ISU interests as well.

My initial thoughts on the game this past weekend...
-ISU defense has athletes, especially those on the edges. They're bigger and faster than I remember them from several years ago.
-The QB's also have size. There were some errant throws but overall did pretty well. (Sidenote- I noticed a bit of the Stormtrooper quarterback mannerisms similar to those of Masoli's from Oregon several years ago. Maybe it was just me, but I rewatched the game and still came away with that. Not sure it was helpful, but it kinda looked cool.)
-Overall, I thought the defense did a reasonably decent job, especially in the first half. One of the big differences in this game was the depth. Not necessarily the numbers of scholarships but the difference in skill set from the starters to the players second in rotation. BSU pounded the ball on the ground making the defensive front work hard to stop the run. Frankly, I think in the second half, the Bengal defensive front ran out of gas.
-Offense got in the redzone, what, 3 times and came away with nothing. Gotta finish.
-Ran into several Bengal fans that seemed to be having a good time, regardless of how the game was played.

Anyone on the board attend the game? If so, your thoughts, comments on the game, the atmosphere and how you were treated.

I'm keeping an eye on the Bengals again this year. Best of luck this season.

Agreed.. offense had too many 3 and outs and kept the Bengals defense on the field too long.. Eventually that defense that was playing well going to have a breakdown..depth, depth & Depth which killed us.. Nothing we can do... If

spartan said:
storm trooper quarterback mannerisms.......?

Not sure what that means....?

Here's a link to a highlight video when Oregon played BSU in Boise, Sept. 2009. At about the 30 second mark of the video, Masoli, dressed in all white (the stormtrooper look), takes the snap and goes into a robot type motion , throws a pass that is poorly thrown and is picked off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v4MhdoPEYw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry about the quality of the video...

Back to my comment, the all white look is what some at the time considered the stormtrooper look. ISU was in all white. The Bengal quarterback, I can't remember which, seemed to make a more subtle robotlike move (in my opinion) before passing the ball. I noticed it a couple of times. Again, I thought it looked cool.

Thanks for commenting, spazdog1. Since your niece played here and you are familiar with the board, then you know to ignore our resident troll. The rest of us do.

I went to the game, and it was a fun atmosphere, for the most part. Every fanbase has jerks (see above), but we were treated well, more or less. We were downtown earlier in the day at a restaurant, wearing our ISU shirts, and a couple of employees jokingly told us they (meaning BSU) would show us that we belong back in the Big Sky. We told them we ARE in the Big Sky, and they thought we were kidding. They were nice, don't get me wrong, but were obviously the type of band-wagon fan which don't do the Bronco fanbase any favors.

It was a nice sized crowd to see BSU take on a lower division opponent. Better than the team up north, which drew [cough]11,600[/cough] fans to watch the Vandals take on a lower division opponent in Wofford.

woffordatidaho-JPG.jpg

FWLFCRSBGXKLHVU.20150919233026.jpg

just so I'm clear......

The uniform makes the qb miss throws.....?

could find zero references to storm trooper uniforms prior to 2012 but it sure is nice you think Star Wars is cool. :rofl:

spartan said:
wow......that 'analysis' is sad on so many levels

seriously..... :ohno:

After the game in 2009, I was pretty sure that was a term that was used to describe the unusual way Masoli moved in that play. It's no big deal.

Back to the ISU's quarterback, the robotic movement was more subtle, at least in my opinion. Regardless, it looked kinda cool.

Latest posts

Back