• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Boise Presentation.

knothole

WOW!!! Thats all I can say about Kramer. The montana state folks were right he is energetic. He spoke for two hours about academics, responsiblity, being a better person. Basically X's and O's and wins will take care of themselves if you have the intangibles he is look for. Football is in the best hands since I was running around the minidome with snot running down my nose. Not a question of if he will win but how much he will win. His first season may be a wash but hold on tight he will get it done. Now about that basketball coach, how about Dave Rice.

knothole...what kind of attendance?....i'm betting it will be twice that many next year.....i went to the poc presentation....he will get it done!!.....

I'd say 25-35 people showed up tonight in Boise.

Kramer is legit folks and I really enjoyed meeting him, Donna and Jeff for the first time.

In particular, my wife and I really took notice about character flaws. Mike Kramer trusts nobody on the team, only the kids that he has recruited. Why? Because so many of the kids that are in the program are not dedicated to becoming better student athletes. Now, I am not saying that there aren't great kids in the program at all. What I am saying is that a number of these kids are straight up coasters. Coasting by and not taking care of things in the classroom.

I heard the GPA's of a number of these kids and trust me gang, it ain't pretty. ISU will have a large number of players that will not be available for spring ball because they haven't taken care of things in the classroom. The numbers are beyond ridiculous, they are recockulous. The leaders in the program or "stars" in the program are not getting it done in class. From what we were told, Van Vliet is the only kid of the entire returners on offense that boasts a GPA greater than 3.0. Yet we wonder why the offense struggled for production.

In fact and I do believe him, Kramer just may cancel spring ball and focus on academics. Because it may be the only thing that they can do, the problem is so out of control.

The good thing is, this program will hit rock bottom very soon. The rebuilding has started and the accountability is in place. Is it going to piss a couple of the upper-upperclassman and letter winners off a bit, sure. When these kids learn to look in the mirror and accept responsibility, they will be better off for it. If they don't--they have a character flaw and this flaw keeps the team from being successful on the field.

I like it, a coach that says "earn it" or don't play. A coach that will tell a team "prove it" and "earn my trust"...just what the doctor ordered in my opinion.

Finally, to Jeff Tingey--thanks for all you do. You found yourself a coach that will demand accountability and a coach that can move this program forward. You found someone that won't enable kids to under-perform. Someone that will not reward bad behavior, someone that will inspect what he expects. But most importantly, you have a leader that won't allow excuses--a fund raiser and a people person.

If he can't do it, it cannot be done.

Nice seeing you Bengal fans in attendance. Knothole, I wish I would have met you in person, but now that I read this and see that you were there, I have a pretty good idea.

I am freaking energized--just saying...

The progression and timing of this is easy. If Jeff continues doing what he has been doing at some point in the next 3-5 years he will move on to be an athletic director somewhere else. Utah State or an associate athletic director at BYU. Something like that. By that time Kramer will have ISU football a top contender in the Big Sky. So then you take the Nevada approach. Chris Ault was the football coach and athletic director. Kramer in 5 years could be that type of person for ISU. He didnt like the way he went out at Montana State and wants to prove that he is the guy. He will and ISU better be prepared to hold on to this guy. The only way to do that is to make him AD/Head Football Coach.

OLD#74 said:
CUB.....
What "OLD" Guys made the Boise LOI???

Mac? YES
Pete? NO
Weifles? YES
Nueman? NOT SURE

who???

thanks

I do not remember Neuman, maybe I was too little. Ron Manu was there--I love Ron to death. His son is going to play football at Yale. Edgar Malapeai was in attendence, Dr. Mick and handful of young pups.

Kramer will be flying to Boise weekly during the season to meet with fans and boosters. He says they are going to break down film from the prior week and really have a chance to get involved. This of course will cost, but it would be great in building support.

There are so many alumni in this area--we need to figure out a way to get them into the fold. I know I can help make it happen, I just need to have a way to get in touch with them.

The alumni office is good to send emails to the various regions when events happen. I talked to a couple people in Boise who receive these, and there was nothing sent about the event. I'm talking emails from the alumni office, not the emails from Tingey and the athletic office. The last email they received from the alumni office was a couple of weeks ago, and it was for half price tickets to a Stampede game for ISU friends and alumni. The athletic office and the alumni office should coordinate better with things like this.

Do they sell ISU merchandise at the ISU-Meridian center? Maybe it would be a good idea to bring along some merchandise (hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts) one of the times Kramer is in town, and then have the athletic and alumni offices communicate it beforehand.

I was working in Boise over the summer and tried to buy some ISU gear before I had to head back up to Moscow. The Meridian campus was not selling anything in August when I stopped by. They indicated that Ali Crane, who's the Student Services Director in Meridian, set up spirit days where gear would be sent over from Poky -- but that those handful of days were the only times one could buy t-shirts and hats at the Meridian Center.

I share only to say it'd be great to have some kind of Bengal Store in the Treasure Valley, and ISU-Meridian seems like a logical place for one. Hopefully Kramer can help establish an active fan base out that way... and if someone could finally design a decent looking ISU hat, we'd be in business.

PS- one of my buddy's up here is a former sports writer for the Journal. He ran into Kramer at the Lewiston Costco a couple weeks ago. He had a WSU hat on. This is enough evidence for me to show we need better looking hats.

Latest posts

Back