• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Brandon Boyd

Skippy

Brandon Boyd has quietly become one of the best players in the Big Sky Conference. What a weekend he had -- 55 points on 19-29 shooting, 9 rebounds and 8 assists in two games. The one area where he'd been struggling was three-point shooting. He was hitting just 28 percent going into the Idaho game. Then he goes off for an 11-14 weekend, including hitting the game-winner with 2 seconds left after playing the entire 40 minutes vs. Idaho.

Brandon is an incredibly athletic young man -- I love watching him snatch those one-handed rebounds in a crowd, not to mention the occasional throw-down dunk on the fast-break. He's truly a joy to behold.

When I look at the roster, it looks like Evans and staff are trying to bring in freshmen and build for the future, instead of relying on JC transfers, except for Sam Dowd and the two transfers from UVU. Previous staffs have been reliant on JC transfers. Good thing about Boyd is that he's only a sophomore. I'm anxious to see that kid from Preston play next year after he gets off of his mission. I believe we have a few freshmen who are redshirting this year, but I don't know much about them.

This is really a young team. Lots of sophomores.

On the coaches show today, Evans reiterated that he had 4 scholarships to give. He can't say much about them, but like Skippy said, he is giving one to Sutton. He said two players from Idaho are coming in, and he said a player from Las Vegas would be coming in.

orangeandblack said:
When I look at the roster, it looks like Evans and staff are trying to bring in freshmen and build for the future, instead of relying on JC transfers, except for Sam Dowd and the two transfers from UVU. Previous staffs have been reliant on JC transfers. Good thing about Boyd is that he's only a sophomore. I'm anxious to see that kid from Preston play next year after he gets off of his mission. I believe we have a few freshmen who are redshirting this year, but I don't know much about them.

The only redshirt I'm aware of is Josh Erickson, a 6-6 F, who is a walk-on from Big Bend CC, where he played with Jake McCord last year.

Right now you've got the two Preston kids coming in (Smellie and Parker), and Sutton apparently will get a scholarship. I know ISU has offered a high school PG from Las Vegas, don't know what his status is.

Unless somebody with eligibility leaves the program, that means we'd have only one opening for next year. I'd love to see ISU recruit an athletic JC four-man, another Jeff Solarin-type player. I think they need to improve their rebounding and athleticism upfront. Haven't seen much from McCord or Truman, and Kimberly has been very limited by his foot injury. But you do occasionally see dramatic improvement from year-to-year by individual players. It would be great if one or two of those forward types took a big leap in the off-season.

Good story about the Las Vegas PG we offered. He sounds a lot like a young version of Boyd:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/gym-rat-kevin-legardy-scores-at-will-for-canyon-springs/

There were three redshirts that were sitting on the bench with the team this past week, one was from California, another from McCammon, and another from Poky. But I'm assuming they're all walkons.

orangeandblack said:
There were three redshirts that were sitting on the bench with the team this past week, one was from California, another from McCammon, and another from Poky. But I'm assuming they're all walkons.
That would be my assumption as well.

Latest posts

Back