• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

BRING IT BENGALS!

09GRIZ

Griz fan here just stopping by to wish you guys good luck on Saturday. I hope you guys don't snap out of your losing streak and surprise us. With that said...BRING IT BENGALS! :twisted:

09GRIZ said:
wow...no comments, nothing??
I've never seen this before!

It may be an indication that fans are apathetic of the current state of the football program. As much as I (and others) want ISU to win and to put a competitive on the field, recent performance suggest otherwise.

The last few games, ISU OFF has been able to move the ball and score on their first possession. Thereafter, however, they are unable to develop any consistency of ball control and sustaining drives resulting in points and/or a change in field position. The lack of a running game threat positions the ISU OFF as one-dimensional allowing the opposing teams to have success defending the run without bringing in the SS in the box. Combined with the inconsistent O-line play, opposing defenses are also able to make the ISU QBs uncomfortable enough in the pocket with just a 4-man rush.

Defensively, ISU is on the field a LONG time, and when they are not, it is usually the result of a quick strike, 1 or 2-play drive by the opposition for a score. Even with the outstanding punting by Vanderwielen to shift field position, over the course of the game the ISU DEF wears out.

This pattern of play week-in and week-out of fundamental mistakes and being outplayed and outcoached can wear on casual and even the most die-hard ISU supporters. It's possible that some fans have written off this season and anticipate the forthcoming changes to the football program after the 2009 season.

As much as it seems as I'm bangin' on the Bengals, one thing I believe is that they play hard and don't quit. As bad as it is, they aren't packing it in (in my opinion). The talent is not quite there and the execution is more miss than hit.

Here's to an injury-free football game between ISU and UM. There is no question, in my mind, that UM will win convincingly and take the foot off the accelerator come the middle of the 3rd quarter. I've got a funny feeling that Saturday may sound like a road game for ISU at home.

UM - 48
ISU - 9

all is not good in Bengal football land 09 :( :( :(

But.... Jared Allen will be in attendance. Cheer him on

Latest posts

Back