• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

BSU game

psk584

Time to forget last week and move onto this weeks game against Boise State. Listened to Coach Harsins's presser yesterday and he had some good things to say about our defense and Coach Kramer. I know it's gonna be a tough game for us and I am just looking to see some improved play from our players and see them do the fundamental things. Not expecting us to win but hope we challenge them a little.

psk584 said:
Time to forget last week and move onto this weeks game against Boise State. Listened to Coach Harsins's presser yesterday and he had some good things to say about our defense and Coach Kramer. I know it's gonna be a tough game for us and I am just looking to see some improved play from our players and see them do the fundamental things. Not expecting us to win but hope we challenge them a little.

Boise State fans are as disenchanted with their new QB as Idaho State's. It will be an interesting test for both this week.

I watched his entire presser, too. A lot of coach-speak but he also made a lot of good points. Was not impressed when he said we were a "playoff team" last year, which we weren't. It's true that BSU fans are not in love with their QB either. I think we'll do some good things at BSU, but I fear we can't compete with their depth.

It will be extremely hard to see Bengal improvement against BSU. They are so athletic and fast its like comparing apples and organges. The score will be whatever BSU wants. They will play their entire bench plus the flower girls. As Kramer said, "lets hope the check doesn't bounce" and we get out of Boise without embarrassement and injury.

Any Bengal Fans coming up for the game?

And anyone remember the "Globe of Death"! Someone asked my and I told the story from memory, but I don't remember all the details.

My memory may be a little rusty, but here is what I remember.

In was in 1992 Idaho State had a new coach.....Coach McNeely I believe and the Bengals were bad....only averaged 3 wins per season over the prior 5 or 6 years.

Broncos had struggled all game against the Bengals, but finally scored a TD with about a minute left to take a 20 to 17 lead.

All we had to do was kick off and hold the Bengals scoreless for the last minute.

But here comes the Globe of Death.....

We kicked it to about their 10 yard line. Then 5 or 6 Bengal football players ran to the one that caught the ball and formed a huddle, then each one ran in a different direction with their arms close to the chest like they had the ball.

Bronco players let the real ball carrier run almost all the way, but caught him around the 20 yard line. I would like to point out that the Bengals did not score on the Globe of Death, but it allowed them to be in great field position where they scored a couple of plays later...to win 24 to 20.

Does anyone know how to upload a sound file to this forum... I have a copy of the 5 minute long radio broadcast of Jerry calling the Globe of death, or "Huddle Play" :-)

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/stories/080408aai.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok. Here you go. When I open this link, it automatically downloads the mp3 audio file of the call for the Globe of Death.

There's an ISU pre-game tailgate taking place at the Stonehouse.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1658430954390946/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for finding that audio! Mark and I will use it in our pregame show Friday night.

GO BENGALS!

Latest posts

Back