• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

BSU Pres on the record...

biobengal

Did anyone see this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5417329

Kustra, president of Boise State sounding like a message board fan in his criticism of Idaho, it's culture and fans. Not sure what you folks think but IMO, this isn't very presidential... more likely politically motivated as Boise trys to flex its newly acquired muscle.

spartan said:
wow - quite an article

absolutely nothing to do with idaho state university athletics - did you read it?

And honestly spartan, I could give a shit. ISU won't have much to report until training camps start up. Besides, it's fun. Kustra=whiny, pussified douchebag. BSU, don't ever play a game in Camp Randall or Ohio Stadium because we'll eat you alive.

While the president of BSU appears to be rather juvenile, I don't believe any team should be forced to play another. How does it benefit BSU to play Idaho in a one and one series? BSU could earn more money from hosting a game in Boise than it would to travel to a small 17,000 stadium every other year.

If the governor or legislature steps in and tries to force a game, ISU better get their hat in the ring and start demanding Idaho and BSU play here every other year as well in football. The only school who benefits from these two being forced to play each other is Idaho. They get their highest attended home game of the season, and they also benefit from a 30,000+ attended game in Boise.

Here's a suggestion. Much like other boards, such as egriz or BroncoCountry, might you tweak the description of each board here on the Bengal Den? For example, you could make it read that we can discuss ISU AND college football, so that spitoon doesn't get his pantys in a wad.

http://rocketrossblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/in-plainspeakbsu-tells-idaho-to-go-fk.html

Superfan's response to the whole thing. I proclaim solidarity with the Vandal Kingdom on this issue!!! :twisted:

By the way I just totally emailed Robb Akey :)

sasquatch said:
While the president of BSU appears to be rather juvenile, I don't believe any team should be forced to play another.

I agree, in fact, I'm not sure it even benefits Idaho to play BSU..... let people wonder if Idaho could beat BSU rather than play and remove all doubt. However, my only point was to show the BSU president acting in a way that was most definitely not presidential.

I will just add this and I'm done with this subject...

For +30 years Bronco fans have dealt with the fans and students that Kustra addressed. Back in the early 80's my BSU season tickets were several rows below the student section. Several drunken frat boys donned in the best gold and black didn't like the fact that their team was being taken to the wood shed. So, one of them stood up, stuck his finger to the back of his throat and spewed all over the unfortunate spectators within reach. The rest thought it was funny and they followed. Before that, I considered them childish and delusional. That's it. After that, their arrogance hit a nerve. Can't stand 'em. Won't root for them, regardless.

Kustra, although it may not be "presidential", brought to head the subject that no one in any power position would address. His position is very clear. There are plenty of videos available that support Kustra's position. I'm sure you'll find them on Youtube. Try searching Argonaut or Arbiter which are schools' student newspapers. The U of I student newspaper spewed the venom of hate a weeK or so ago. They pulled no punches. All I can say is kudos, Kustra.

spazdog1 said:
I will just add this and I'm done with this subject...

For +30 years Bronco fans have dealt with the fans and students that Kustra addressed. Back in the early 80's my BSU season tickets were several rows below the student section. Several drunken frat boys donned in the best gold and black didn't like the fact that their team was being taken to the wood shed. So, one of them stood up, stuck his finger to the back of his throat and spewed all over the unfortunate spectators within reach. The rest thought it was funny and they followed. Before that, I considered them childish and delusional. That's it. After that, their arrogance hit a nerve. Can't stand 'em. Won't root for them, regardless.

Kustra, although it may not be "presidential", brought to head the subject that no one in any power position would address. His position is very clear. There are plenty of videos available that support Kustra's position. I'm sure you'll find them on Youtube. Try searching Argonaut or Arbiter which are schools' student newspapers. The U of I student newspaper spewed the venom of hate a weeK or so ago. They pulled no punches. All I can say is kudos, Kustra.

All I can say is BFD! Bronco fans are soooo sanctimonious. :lol:

Kustra needs to man up, lose the chip, drop the cheerleading skirt and start acting like a university president.... and not just the president of a football team. Higher ed in this ultra-parochial state is going to the birds and Kustra is taking us there.

Latest posts

Back