• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

By the Numbers

bill_idaflls

Every year, I keep expecting big things out of ISU. But, now I'm starting to think about what we can realistically expect in the new season. More than 2 or 3 wins? Hearing about academic-eligibility nightmares & attitudes doesn't boost my confidence. I keep hoping for the best, but what do you think? School colors starting to fade? :|

I honestly believe that we are over the hump and will be entering a new era of player talent coupled with a winning season. Now when I say "a winning season", at this point 6-5 is a winning season to me.

My predictions for the upcoming 4 years:

2010 = 6-5
2011 = 8-3
2012 = 10-1 (championship year)
2013 = 9-2

Bill, you are at the breaking point-pissed off point-enough is enough point if that's what you want to call it. I reached it last year. We all go through it with weak performances and less then stellar seasons. They still need your good attitude and ideas up there. I am still a fan for sure and always will be but when you give and give and give year after year and get nothing in return in does kind of start to wear you down and takes a toll on you. About your question....This year i will not let myself get excited period. They need to prove to me that they are winners starting from the Admin. down to the water boys. I will give them no excuses, none. We have rebuilt. We are past that phase. 4th year coach, he needs to show what they are made of.

Is Tavoy Moore still on the team? Will he play running back? Just haven't read alot about him. I read today that Ben Laporta left the team? Maybe this is old news but just saw it today.

Bill, you and your wife are great fans. I have personally seen it. Thanks!

Roar, Tavoy will be in for the fall, he was not a mid-year transfer.

In my opinion, 3-8 or 4-7 would be a move in the right direction. I think this team could be much better than last year.

I expect the defense will make some nice steps forward--but it still remains unclear about the pass rush. If they can develop a pass rush, the defense will be that much better.

Offensively, this team has to be better, it has to be. Scoring more than 10 points a game has to be guaranteed and scoring 20 points a game should be a given. ISU is going to have to find more WR's or move kids from RB to slot receivers in my opinion.

Some will call me negative and really I am not trying to be. I just don't see a team that has won two games in the past two seasons to jump to 5-6/6-5 or better in one season. It rarely if ever happens.

No punter or long snapper has been identified as of yet and ISU may need a FG kicker. Who knows, maybe kids are already on board. But, you cannot underestimate the problems that will occur if they cannot at least find a quality punter and long snapper.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record--Zamberlin has to retain kids and avoid academic casualties. I can guarantee that this is an issue that ISU needs to pay attention to and I think that they are. The ramifications of continued mass attrition and ineligible players can lead to scholarship reductions and it is tough to revitalize a program if you lose scholarships down the road. File it in your memory banks, gang... this may be just as important as wins and losses.

I think if the majority of us that chat on this board see the right types of improvement, the mood will change around here. Regardless of what the win/loss record is--we are going to have a pretty good idea by the end of this season as to if things are starting to point in the right direction.

BengalCub said it very well. There's nothing wrong with having some optimism, but we should all be pretty realistic when we approach the season. We are coming off two straight 1-win seasons. I think 3 or 4 wins will indicate progress, and any more than that will be a very welcome surprise. In addition, I want to see improvement in some of the things already mentioned, such as increased rushing yards and better defense.

Every year, some overly zealous fans will jump on here and claim they have all of the inside scoop on practices and personnel. They claim we're going to be surprised by the talent and coaching, and they predict conference championships. It happens for football and it has happened with basketball. Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but realize where the programs have been for the last several years. Basketball hasn't had a winning season in God knows how long, yet somebody always comes on and says he has all the inside information on talent level and plays and ends up predicting 20 win seasons. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.....

Give me more than 1 win, better statistics, and a glimpse of some very promising athletes. That will be a great start.

If we are in a position to have a chance to win every game with the exception of Georgia, that would make the season a success in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back