• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

BYU 92 Weber State 62

bengalcub

30 point blowout in Ogden tonight. Weber State hung tough for a 1/2.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=283382692

It's pretty obvious to me now, how good BYU could be this year. From what I have watched...Eastern Washington, Northern Colorado, Montana State and Portland State seem to be the class of the BSC in the early stages of this season.

I think a comparative score with a BSC member is noteworthy, especially when ISU played that same squad within 20 points, four nights earlier.

If the administrators of this board see it fit to move it, so be it.

I agree, Cub, I've been suprised by two teams so far -- Eastern Washington and Montana State. They both seem to have a "positive" karma going. You just never know what changes a new chemistry will bring to a team. Benny Valentine, the little 5-7 PG that transferred to EWU, seems to have brought a real positive energy to the Eagles so far.

PS--Just ignore the Nazi's flames. To quote a famous witch friend of mine, "You have no power here. Be off, before someone drops a house on you, too." (I love that movie -- there's a lot you can learn from a munchkin, a witch and a wizard!)

always with the name calling

flames? nope - just calliing your attention to the fact that the post had nothing to do with idaho state.

Lets see, do i want to move the post? NO
Cub, how dare you post something like that on bengal den. I can't believe you would post anything on a former opponent playing a BSC team and show the score. :lol: Little does sparty know is you beat me to the punch. I was going to post it this morning but didn't have time. FYI-In my opinion it has a lot to do with ISU. It compares how we did and another BSC team against the same opponent. C'mon, No brainer!

Here we go with the "Since BYU beat WSU by 30 and we only lost by 20, we should beat WSU by 10" nonsense. Tell Sac State about that theory after their ISU football game. Bengals BB: 1 win going into 2009. Big Sky - I think we're going to stink it up. There won't be any drive and energy left. I hope I am wrong - very wrong.

I don't ever recall saying that ISU should beat Weber State by 10. Who said that--can you show me? What I do recall saying is that BYU is pretty good this year--I would not have thought that they would be Weber by 30. For comparative purposes it shows that BYU can score the ball in bunches and that two BSC teams struggled to keep the Cougars in check.

Assuming the team will lack drive and energy coming into conference is bullshit. What was the teams non conference record the last year and where did the team finish? The very fact that you brought up the Sac State football game suggests that good things can still happen when a team struggles and does not quit.

I am not so concerned with the schedule. Someone said earlier what if we had weak team to play against? Do you think we would get the crowd? Yea wins would come with weak opponents. Would we be a weaker team ourself? Wouldn't you want to play up to higher talent and get better-quicker-stronger so going into conference you would be ready? Does is take the fight or energy out of the players? I would hope not. These guys are strong-energetic-college players. They should play hard every game. They are expected to play hard every game just like the FB team. People are impressed that the players didn't quit or they fought until the end for hell sake they are expected to fight the whole game until the end. If they can't play the whole game or whole season then go find something else to do or find another school. They don't need hall passes because the scheduling is to grueling or their morale is being questioned. Suck it up. These are Div.1 ball players. Are people going to give BYU-NC-Duke-Kentucky hall passes because their schedule is to hard? I am not on the coaching/playing side of things so i don't know what the players feel or think. Baller?

I was at the game..YIKES!!!!

Worst home loss of hte decade, worst home loss ever to BYU...

Thus far:

BYU's opponents: 9-29
Weber's: 19-9

Worried about WSU:
@ Long Beach, 23 pt 2nd half lead and lost, 10 min with no FGs
@USU, 16 min with no FGs (2nd longest in NCAA history)
BYU, no FG in the final 7:42

Latest posts

Back