• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Cal Poly: turnovers tell the tale

Skippy

Phil Steele, one of the more accurate college football prognosticators, says turnover margin is the greatest indicator of success in the game. It has certainly been a key indicator for Idaho State this season. The Bengals are plus 12 this season on TO margin. Interestingly, Cal Poly has given up only 6 turnovers all season.-- three fumbles and three picks. TOs will be a key to Saturday's matchup between these two teams. Should be a great matchup.

For the last three weeks I have been more worried about plaing a hot Idaho State team on the road than Montana and Montana State at home. We got by the first two. Now for a big road game. Should be a great game.

Like Skippy said, turnovers are key to any game. Cal Poly has the best rushing offense in the Big Sky. Will the Bengals be able to slow down the Mustang rushing attack? ISU has the best total offense in the Big Sky. Will the Mustangs be able to slow the Bengal passing attack and rushing attack?

I will be pulling for the Bengals to win but the Mustangs will most likely be favored. Why will the Mustangs be favored to win? The Mustangs won against TOP RANKED FCS POLL teams in Montana and Montana State in back to back games while the Bengals have only won against non-ranked teams this season thus far. I hope the Bengals get the turnovers needed and play their best game of the season.

Game day. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!

Should be a great game with Big Sky Championship implications. Who would of thought that two or three games into this season. My hat is off to both teams. May the best team win in a well played game and that it is an injury free game on both sides. Win or lose best of luck to ISU the rest of the season.

It's interesting though that Mike said in his press conference when asked that he doesn't think turnovers will be an issue Saturday because both teams have so many offensive series. He jokingly (well maybe jokingly) said this is one of those games "where you could see 15 or 17 touchdowns scored..."

He also said he'll consider the game a success defensively if they can "hold Cal Poly to 50."

PBP

PBP said:
He jokingly (well maybe jokingly) said this is one of those games "where you could see 15 or 17 touchdowns scored..."

Thanks to the ISU Credit Union, the students could do very well financially! :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/ISUCreditUnion/photos/a.342519330996.160557.80352885996/10152353942390997/?type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10426336_10152353942390997_1863455787259034044_n.jpg

Congratulations Bengals. Great game. Your suffering is over. I had you at 23 in the AGS poll this week but you are moving up.

Turnovers ALMOST told the tale... Cal Poly turned ISU over twice and didn't give it up.

Overall, a very gritty performance by the Bengals.

GoAgs72 said:
Congratulations Bengals. Great game. Your suffering is over. I had you at 23 in the AGS poll this week but you are moving up.

IMO, ISU in the top 25 next week is not guaranteed.

Here's the case for ISU:

5-1 against FCS
1-1 against top 5 of BSC
Only FCS loss to EWU (by 3) with Vernon Adams
Victories over Cal Poly (6-4) and Sac State (5-5)
Have not played ANY of the BSC bottom 3 (UC Davis, Weber, UND)

Ultimately, the two FBS losses. the two D2 wins and ISU's reputation will continue to haunt.

biobengal said:
GoAgs72 said:

IMO, ISU in the top 25 next week is not guaranteed.

Here's the case for ISU:

5-1 against FCS
1-1 against top 5 of BSC
Only FCS loss to EWU (by 3) with Vernon Adams
Victories over Cal Poly (6-4) and Sac State (5-5)
Have not played ANY of the BSC bottom 3 (UC Davis, Weber, UND)

Ultimately, the two FBS losses. the two D2 wins and ISU's reputation will continue to haunt.
I think saw today why Northern Iowa is still in the poll. Cal poly will likely drop out. Montana may. I voted ISU 20 last week. I will vote at least that high this week.

Latest posts

Back