• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

cal poly

Doubt if it will be on Channel 6 or 8. I heard that a kid is trying to tap into the video equipment and get it that way.

The game will be video streamed on Big Sky TV and televised locally in San Luis Obispo on KSBY. KSBY also video streams the game for free on their site.

up for the challenge said:
How many touchdowns do we need to win this game?
Unfortunately I think you will score a lot of points. Your offensive strength is passing and our defensive weakness is passing defense. Fortunately for Cal Poly, our offensive strength is rushing and that is ISU's defensive weakness. If you are a betting man, take the over.

Slostang - My question was how many points do we need to win this game? You did not comment on special teams, what about that one?
I would say it is going to take 50+ points to win, emphasis on the +. I do not know anything about ISU's special teams. Cal Poly's have been solid.

Slostang is correct. He beat me to the punch. If we are going to give up 50, than we need to score 51. Otherwise it is just one more than they do. If the offense and defense play as discribed above, then I think I will lower it to 40 points. I'm going to gamble that our offense will do better than their defense.

I have to agree that our offense will have to score 50 + points to maybe win. Our defense is allowing 59 points per game so we may need to score 60 points. It would be interesting to establilsh a running game for a change but I know that will not happen.

I have to agree that our offense will have to score 50 + points to maybe win. Our defense is allowing 59 points per game so we may need to score 60 points. It would be interesting to establilsh a running game for a change but I know that will not happen.
Cal Poly is usually good against the run (not so good last week against EWU) and not so good against the pass. I would expect ISU to come out throwing early and often. I bet we see over 400 yards passing from ISU and over 400 yards rushing from Cal Poly. I think this game will be much like ISU's game against UC Davis. High scoring and close.

They are a ground team. Pass defense is questionable. They have fallen on tough times offensively of late, with two straight losses. Bengals can score, look at the Davis game. Defense? Two games of 70+points allowed. To be sure of a win, 80 points. Not likely. If their offense doesn't click, 30 points might do it. There is hope.

40 or 50 points is inconceivable. ISU is averaging about 15 ppg in road games this year, and has given up 70+ three times. I don't think they'll score nearly enough to keep this one close.

I hope I'm wrong.

I can't believe that I'd admit to actually listening to this game, but I just did.
I hope this 28-0 score doesn't force the Bengals to "abandon their game plan." But, what may not be a bad thing to do is try at least a few series where they go into the victory formation. Yost takes a knee on 3 plays in a row. Then they punt. Or maybe just take 4 knees in a row! Less painful - mentally and physically. This is brutal. :oops:

From Egriz

Think about this, Idaho State has surrendered at least 50 points to every DI opponent they've faced except one, who scored 49. They've given up over 600 yards in total offense six times already this season. They've given up at least 70 points on four separate occassions. Twice, they've lost by more than 60 points. They've lost by 40 or more 6 times already this season. If you take away their 52-45 loss to UC Davis, the closest they've come to winning a conference game was 23.

It would be hard, and probably impossible, to find a worse team in the history of FCS football. They are giving up numbers that rival the 1991 Prairie View team. :oops: :oops: :oops:

One of the more dissapointing thoughts is that next year will likely not be any diffrent. We can't recruit JC to fix the problems on defense and we can't afford to let anyone go because of APR. The team is going to be every bit as bad next year as this year. Maybe 2-4 years down the road they will finally start to pull out of the hole --- that is a big maybe.

When a team is so far from turning the corner it is very hard to see the light....
Next week we will likely get blown out by a woeful weber state team.

Latest posts

Back