• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Can coach Phen recruit to win?

I believe this will be Coach Phen first year of recruiting and signing of players. I remember coach Kramer said the current players on his team are not his recruits when he first replaced coach Zamberlin. Well, I guess this holds true for Coach Phen as most of the current players on his team are not his recruits as he did not sign them. I wonder if Coach Phen recruiting and signing of players will be different from coach Kramer. Coach Kramer liked signing mostly high school players and red shirting them and also gave scholarships to walk-ons that he felt was deserving. I may be wrong but I believe coach Phen will not wait as long to rebuild his program like coach Kramer. He wants to win now and not 5 years down the road like coach Kramer. I look for coach Phen to go out and get the players he needs for next season that can make this team a contender. Do you think he will go out and get at need players from JUCO's or obtain step down players this recruiting season? I do. He needs to put a good defense on the field. Giving up 56 points to UC Davis being an average team is not acceptable on our home field in the late season.

These are Kramer's players, and the cupboard's not bare. We've still got some talent coming back and we just lose nine seniors. Thanks goodness we're not under APR hell anymore. Years ago it was Zamberlin that got us into that mess. And you gotta credit Kramer because he got us out of it. A while back Don Bailey told me that while you're under APR sanctions then if you bring in Division 1-A dropdown players then they have to have a 3.0 average, while JC transfers would need to have a 3.5 gpa. And there's really not that many of them. The point is, is that we could really stand to shore up our defense a little bit, primarily our secondary. Because opposing teams realize that this is a weakness of ours, and Montana burned us badly on long passes, just as Cal-Davis did. And perhaps Coach Phen may wish to bring in some immediate help in that area. Also, when you're under APR sanctions, you have to play the APR game and offer scholarships to walkons, and therefore when you do this then usually you'd offer a scholly to someone less talented than someone else, and therefore your overall talent isn't as good.

BTW, I was at the Cal-Davis game and it's really embarrassing and disgusting the way we played. This isn't who we are as a team, and it's not acceptable whatsoever. We'll bounce back from this though -- this too shall pass.

As far as Tanner is concerned, I am hoping that it is not a concussion. I think the game he left at Weber two years ago, Montana last year, and possibly Cal Davis this year. By my count that may be three concussions in less than three years. If that is the case, I wonder if his playing days at Idaho State may be over. Now, I may be wrong and this Saturday may have been something totally unrelated to a concussion. If that is the case my apologies.

up for the challenge said:
I doubt TG will be playing in the Weber State game. No reason to play him again this season. Why take the risk?

Per Madison gurnsey and Lucas gebhart reports they say Coach Phenice says TG will play vs Weber State but will not practice this week during bye week. Coach Phenice said Gunner Amos is the backup qb for Weber State game and there is NO open competition for backup qb spot.

demian said:
I doubt TG will be playing in the Weber State game. No reason to play him again this season. Why take the risk?

Per Madison gurnsey and Lucas gebhart reports they say Coach Phenice says TG will play vs Weber State but will not practice this week during bye week. Coach Phenice said Gunner Amos is the backup qb for Weber State game and there is NO open competition for backup qb spot.
Good news about Tanner. Maybe having our bye so late in the season is a blessing in disguise.

bhumble said:

To win the game!

I believe this season is over bhumble. We had our opportunity against UC Davis and we showed we are not at the same level and they are an average team in the league. Weber State is a top team and wants a ring. It is all about coach Phen recruiting now to win games in the future.

To play the opposition role.....

Isn’t the best recruiting tool to beat top team in he conference the last week of he season?

Granted most of the guys on the team this year will be there next year,

we need some help on defense. No D no winning, the excuse that we have the best offenses in the Big Sky Conference is a piss poor excuse for why our defense is last in all of fcs,

Stop Weber = start new culture

bhumble said:

To win the game!

I believe this season is over bhumble. We had our opportunity against UC Davis and we showed we are not at the same level and they are an average team in the league. Weber State is a top team and wants a ring. It is all about coach Phen recruiting now to win games in the future.

Wrong. We have another game with Weber. Do you want the team to fold the tent?

bhumble said:
bhumble said:

To win the game!

Wrong. We have another game with Weber. Do you want the team to fold the tent?

The team goes to Weber to win the game. That is what every team does.

Latest posts

Back