• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Central Washington Prediction...

spazdog1

The reality of the last week's prediction is that my method of picking the ISU vs. Weber game was only a little faulty. As the first quarter ended, I was looking like a genius. Oh well. You all know that I throw out logic and come up with a twisted way of picking this week's game winner. Let's see how we do this week.

Central Washington University Wildcats...
1. The Wildcats are coached by Blaine Bennett who graduated from Whitworth in Spokane. My kid brother, Jenna Brown's dad, played as a defensive back for the Whitworth Pirates. Many of you know that Jenna completed 4 years of women's basketball this past spring. Anyway, he made the all conference team for all three years (he spent his freshman year at the College of Idaho in Caldwell - they disbanded their football program at the end of that year). That was a loooooong time ago. ISU thought that he was too small and didn't offer a scholarship. Advantage: CWU

2. I've been to Ellensburg. I've been to Pocatello. 'Nuff said. Advantage: ISU

3. The CWU Wildcats are 4-0 so far this year. They've played two games at home and two away. They've won big at home and squeaked by on their away games. ISU has played 3 games this year and we know they are 0-3. The first two games were no surprise. Last week at Weber ISU took a huge step forward. They haven't played a home game yet. This week's the week. Advantage: ISU

4. The Wildcat logo is suspiciously similar to Washington State's logo. Yuck. I like the Bengal logo a whole lot. Advantage: ISU

5. Earlier today, off the beaten path, I stopped at the spud museum in Blackfoot and had my picture taken by the giant spud. We all know that Blackfoot is 20 minutes or so from Pocatello. Maybe this is a stretch. I admit. But, I don't remember seeing a giant spud, wheat or apple museum in my travels around Ellensburg. I'm an east Idaho spud. Advantage: ISU

The scorecard shows ISU 4-1. Now, with my Idaho Falls math, factoring and rounding skills, here's my prediction... ISU finds their groove this week... ISU 34, CWU 17.

Let's hear your thoughts...

Nice analogy but enuf of the funny stuff.

According to game notes we are definitely not winning the height and weight game.

Seriously, I don't know what the game plan is gonna be for CWU versus what we have seen in the first 3 games, but if I were Z, not only would I go deep in playbook but I would be searching back for every motivational tool that has worked for me and apply it to the team this week.
I am sure the players too understand the extra importance of this game, but they need to really bring it Saturday.

It's too bad we didn't have some sort of really big promo in an attempt to fill The Holt (hint, hint), cuz we could sure use a big loud crowd in a game like this.

Not to beat a dead horse but..................THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME.

I like the changes on the OL. Hopefully the group can find some real aggression and execution and get off and dominate. It all starts up front. Come on Ryan and Rudds....get the OL fired up baby!!!

I have been doing alot of thinking since the weber loss. I will hold some thoughts in at this time just because. I will be honest on a few things. I am very nervous for this upcoming game, period. Things to keep in mind....Central aint no slouch. I watched them play Minnesota Deluth on tv when they beat them. They are a legit Div II power house with a second year coach. They put up 35 on Montana last year and lost by a field goal at Montana. They have a bunch of seniors returning and their receiver (spevak?) is damn good. They looked very focused and put together and could execute when need be. I hope we win this game for many reasons. I hope we are going in the right direction. I guess we will see!?

Side notes.....It looks like parking for the general public will be $5 this year. Still cheap compared to other venues. Did you see Lorig and Collins are coaches at Central? Hopefully we can have a hayday on their secondary!?!?!?!?! We shall see.

Another side note.... My nephews from Utah and their friends got into the weber/isu game for free if they had their team jersey's on (little league). Have we done anything like that? I am just trying to think of ways to fill the seats.

ISU scores seven touchdowns and five field goals. Demoralizing loss for Z's former team. 40-0.

Roar, I am nervous too. ISU needs to win this game in convincing fashion.

I have watched Central play twice, once on TV and once on a Webcast. They have a BSC Conference caliber defense and a solid offense. Spevak the WR is the only one that I am overly concerned with and I expect ISU to pay special attention to him. I expect the defense to dominate in this one, if not for anything, it is because they need to.

Central Washington is good, but I am not sure that they are as last year. Sure they beat Minnesota Duluth, but Duluth also lost their starting QB early in the game. With that said, this is a team that could come in and put the hurt on the Bengals if they are not ready to play. They remind me a ton of the North Dakota team that came into Holt Arena last year.

I hope for the best, a dominating Bengal effort. As fans, it should be expected in the 3rd year of the Zamberlin era. If they lose this game, look the hell out.

Latest posts

Back