• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Charlie Strong Article.

Jahim

Great writeup about Louisville and Charlie strong on footballscoop.com's homepage. Check it out. Seems mighty similar to the process we're beginning to go through.

Charlie Strong: More than anything, what pissed me off was grades

A year ago, a lot was made of Charlie Strong’s first team meeting. Strong didn’t exactly go Ed Orgeron style, but he admittedly absolutely ripped the Louisville players.

Reflecting back, Strong told ESPN this week, "More than anything, what pissed me off was grades. That's why I said I want a team meeting right away, because of their grades.”

“You show me a good football team, and I'll show you good grades. You show me a bad football team, and I'll show you bad grades. [Bad grades show you] they're not committed, they don't care, they're just going through the motions. A team with good grades has players who want to graduate, who want good things to happen."

Read More:

http://footballscoop.com/news/3458-charlie-strong-more-than-anything-what-pissed-me-off-was-grades" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

any data available to support that idea?

for example = the teams with the highest gpa's also have the best win/loss records....?

(of course there are always exceptions - data that support the idea would likely be longitudinal)

otherwise coach strong is just making noise for effect...

jmho

I absolutely, completely agree. Good grades are achieved through committment, structure, discipline and organizational skills --- all the skills possessed by successful athletes. So looking forward to the new & improved team of mature, committed ISU MEN of football. Go Bengals!

Latest posts

Back