• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Cincinnati

clawman1

Next challenge is 9:00 this morning. I'm liking this team so far. They showed a lot of scrap in the Ol Miss game as compared to the Utah game. The score difference in the Ol'Miss game was not indicative of the actual competition. IMO it was more like 4 point difference.
Go Eags

Sounds like missing three of their better players not eligible yet. Favored by 13 I got my wager in plus 25 to 1 if they win bt 1-2.
I also am getting pleasently surprised of some of these players and if we can clean things up gonna be a nice product!.
Impressed on Ole Miss game...for the most part. So, let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

fire-achilles.gif

Bummer looked good now 11-0 run and not like EWU didn't get and good looks...6:41 without scoring since that 7-4 lead. gonna throw-up...good fought back into it.

d5c49e1675a7626b450555dd733762aa.gif

@ 0-3 and I'm pretty positive. How does a team get to be better shooters? That is the biggest problem, good team of bad shooters today. If any coach can coach 'em up it is Riley. Its not like our seasoned players "forgot" how to shoot.
I'm looking forward to another good season and Big Sky title.
Lets fill those stands 12-13
edit:
Maybe shooting woes is a diabolical plan to give Stanford a false sense of security and the Eagles will light em up Friday??? :lol: :lol:

clawman said:
@ 0-3 and I'm pretty positive. How does a team get to be better shooters? That is the biggest problem, good team of bad shooters today. If any coach can coach 'em up it is Riley. Its not like our seasoned players "forgot" how to shoot.
I'm looking forward to another good season and Big Sky title.
Lets fill those stands 12-13
edit:
Maybe shooting woes is a diabolical plan to give Stanford a false sense of security and the Eagles will light em up Friday??? :lol: :lol:

I cocur. I assume Riley brought players in who can shoot the three. Either you can or can't and see alot of new can'ts. Through that I am positive in hopes that % gets turned around.
Here's 3pt stats of our main 3pt shooters. made/attempted/% our team total is 18 75 .240%

3 16 .188%
4 12 .333%
0 5 .000%
1 7 .143%
3 15 .200%
1 7 .143%

pretty poor in my book.
Here's free throws 33 47 .702%
42 turnovers through the three games

Clean these up and we win most games cause we have some good athletic type players that are smooth and fun to watch.

I'm not an astute connoisseur of basketball, so I'm not a great judge of what I see. This team looks very athletic but can't shoot. We went through the same thing last year where it took us several games before we could make shots. It's not like we're not giving ourselves opportunities.

The hard part is losing so much by playing a murderer's row of opponents on the road sort of becomes a psychological problem. We start learning to be competitive losers. This is an area the new AD needs to address immediately. We play one D1 non-con opponent at home. Not a single non-con D1 home game occurs when students are on campus. I have no idea why that seems reasonable when making a schedule. I get that our lack of money means we're gonna have to sell the program off a bit with road games. But we're doing that on steroids, and it doesn't serve us well.

I go back long enough to remember when we had home games in Cheney against UW and WSU. These types of games aren't impossible. WSU doesn't draw dick, so getting one home game for two away games would be pragmatic. We had them at "home" last year and played in Spokane. That's not necessarily bad, but it eliminates any type of home court advantage.

LDopaPDX said:
I go back long enough to remember when we had home games in Cheney against UW and WSU.
Is this your attempt at humor? or do you really believe UW is coming to Cheney? :facepalm:

clawman said:
LDopaPDX said:
I go back long enough to remember when we had home games in Cheney against UW and WSU.
Is this your attempt at humor? or do you really believe UW is coming to Cheney? :facepalm:

He's not joking. It happened in the 90's when I was a student. I remember both UW and WSU playing in Cheney.

Latest posts

Back