• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Clash of the Cats!

Old Skool Cat

Hey Bengal fans! Are you ready for another Bobcat-Bengal game? I believe it is the 76th meeting between our two storied programs. I know you guys are struggling this season; I feel your pain. It was just 9 short years ago when my beloved Bobcats went winless during the 2000 season. It sucks; doubt creeps in, you begin to question for fan status, and you begin to drink heavily! :lol: All I can say is, keep the faith. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before the sun shines again. MSU was able to turn things around, and while we are not a league title contender every year, we have managed to put together a string a winning seasons, and that feels pretty darn good.

Back to matchup - who knows, you guys might have a pretty good shot at getting your first win of the season this Saturday in Bozeman. We are pretty banged up and sick. I bet over half our starting lineup didn't play last week against EWU. On defense, we have lost several guys to knee/shoulder injuries in the secondary. We are beat up at linebacker, where Gazzero and Price may not play due to injury, and Buck Buchannan candidate Dane Fletcher may still be out with mono. Swine flu has also run rampant through the team. On offense, our starting RB Aaron Mason has missed two games because of a severe concussion, our original starting QB Mark Iddins was sick against South Dakota and now has lost his starting job because Cody Kempt has played very well in his place, and both our kickers didn't even make the trip to Cheney last week because of the flu! Throw in the fact that we have not played well at home this season, and it could all add to disaster for the Cats this weekend. For those of you who are superstitious, the game is also being played on Halloween. What are the traditional colors of Halloween? Orange and black. What are the colors of the ISU Bengals? Orange and black. I know, creepy isn't it?! :lol:

Our offense seems to be clicking much better with Kempt under center. We have really outplayed every time we have faced in the first half, but have failed to make the right second half adjustments. We play a soft zone, so you will be able to complete alot of short passes in the middle. Our run defense is tough; don't expect to get many yards on the ground. This game could very well come to down to special teams and kicking. When healthy, out FG kicker is probably among the best in the conference, but our kick teams and kick return teams struggle.

Anyways, hope to see many of you in Bozeman this Saturday. Please feel free to stop by our tailgates dressed in your spirit colors. You will all be greeted very warmly, and we will feed you well! The weather is supposed to be crappy with snow and cold, so please be drive carefully and dress warm! GO CATS!!!

OldSkool-

Thank you very much, you're one of the best non-ISU posters in all the BigSky forums. Best of luck to you this Saturday and hopefully, it should be a fun one :)

MSU has some quality guys and plays hard
This one could be tough...

Striped Jungle Cats- 6
Tipped eared/slightly spotted cats- 31

Ohio State wins over NMSU, 56-14 and Jim Tressel manages to hide his playbook from Joe Pa and the Raving White Hordes of Happy Valley.

Oh, you wanted ISU?

MSU-49
ISU-6 (two field goals, mind you)

I don't wanna hear how MSU is just as dinged up as we are. There is a HUGE difference that will lead to another blowout and that is morale. MSU has pretty good morale compared to ours. We unravel after one touchdown drive or a big play. Mental discipline must be obtained but unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

*sigh*...hey at least there's still Ohio State football, "random study" nights and tobacco pipes :D

Hey Bengal fans - it started out as a great game, and just got away from you guys. I know as much as you didn't need another loss, at the same time, our program needed a game like that where we showed we could play from behind and take control of the second half.

You guys really had me worried early on. I thought your offense did some really positive things the first few drives, but then just changed the game plan to become too conservative. It didn't help that some your receivers had the droppsies either. You guys have a good passing game, but the run is just not there. You are too one dimensional. It's pretty easy to pass against the Cats this year, but once we realized that you couldn't run the ball against us, we were able to drop our LBs into coverage to help out with our DBs.

Right now, it just looks like your guys are just young, and hence, they make young mistakes. I think the two-year extension for Zamberlain & his crew is a good move; let his recruits have a chance to mature and play as fourth and fifth year seniors. After two years, if it looks like the program has still stalled out, then make a move.

Best of luck the rest of the season. I would love nothing more than to see you guys snap your losing streak against the griz. I'll be rooting for you, as I am sure most of the Big Sky will be as well.

Latest posts

Back