• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Coach K channel 8 interview

homegrown

I have to say that I am pretty excited to hear football chatter starting up! I watched Coach Kramer's interview on channel 8, and it has got me thinking about the O-line. Coach Kramer mentioned that Mark Clampitt will be moving to guard, and Travis, ( i dont know how to spell his last name) the player from Hawaii, will be playing center. So my question is, who do you think the other starters will be and where? Also, I want to order a flag from the rotary club, can anyone tell me how to go about doing that? GO BENGALS!!!!!!!

You...or anyone else that reads this can order the Gate City Rotary flag-posting service by sending an e-mail to:

[email protected]

Make sure you send your name, address and telephone number and we'll get you added to our list. For $25, our club will come to your home every home game weekend (five this season) and post the flag on your front lawn...then we'll come back and pick it up afterwards. The Rotary Club will keep the flags...store them and clean them...and post and pick them up every home game weekend. It's a $50 charge for us to provide the flag service for a business. After placing the flag order via e-mail, you'll be billed for the service. If I knew how to post a .pdf image on here I would show you what the flags will look like, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

The offensive line will have plenty of depth this year. It would appear the Coach Kramer is more concerned about the defense playing well moreso than the offense.

votb,Thank you for the information about the flags. I got mine ordered and am passing the info on. :thumb:up for the challenge, I understand that there is no shortage of players for the o-line this year, that is great! I was just wondering where everyone thought our boys from last year would end up. Thanks for taking the time to respond. GO BENGALS!!!!!

Coach Kramer indicated in the interview that the Bengals will continue their passing game which tells me that the best passing offensive linemen will get the starting positions. Of course, they will have to run block as well but if they are strickly a passing team than expect the best pass blockers in the starting lineup on the offensive line. Hard to say who will be in the offensive line starting lineup at this particular time as the coaches will have to evaluate each player during the fall practice. One thing for sure, the offensive linemen better report to fall camp in good physical condition as the coaches do not want to see players report to fall camp out of shape. It also sounds like the running backs will have to be good pass blockers. I look for 80% pass and 20% run this season.

Hey guys! Thanks for checking out my interview with coach K a couple of weeks ago! If you missed it, here's the link.

http://www.localnews8.com/video/Mike-Kramer-Talks-ISU-Football/-/461276/15516620/-/ta94e3z/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obviously, players report Monday, so it's that time of year! Can't wait to see what the Bengals have in store this season.

Are there any questions or concerns you have that you'd like me to ask next week?

-Jeff

Jeff, I think it is great that you took the time to ask what we would like to know! Thank you!! For me, the most important thing would be, not so much what to ask, but just informing our community and all us Bengal Fans about all that we can be involved in. Promote the heck out of things, get everyone pumped up for all of the events, scrimmages, and parties! I know that the boosters are trying to get a bus chartered for the away game to Montana, but it wont happen unless people know about it and reserve a seat. If they dont get enough interest, it will be another no go!! I also think that people need to hear again and again how coach K is bringing in our local and state boys. That should bring up the attendance for sure! The high school games are always packed at the dome. People like cheering for their home town boys! Thanks again Jeff! :thumb: Go Bengals!!

Jeff :

Last season, the Bengals had a great season generating passing yardage but they were last or 9th in the Big Sky in scoring points as the Bengals averaged only 17 points per game. The Bengals were 8th in total offense yardage production per game in the Big Sky.

The defense was 8th in the Big Sky as they allowed 35 points per game. The Bengals were last or 9th in total defense yardage allowed.

Based on last season the Bengals would have had to average 36 points per game to win games based on the defense giving up 35 points per game.

My question is: How many points per game is the Bengals expected to average this season on offense as the Bengals were last in scoring in the Big Sky Conference last season ?

Your example is correct. No matter how many points you give up, you have to score more than that. ISU defensive coaches have to be able to read the other teams offense and be able to stop them. I think the DL has to be able to penetrate and put pressure on the QB, and I think their LB's will have to be able to blitz.

Not very many teams will win many games if they only ave. 17 points per game. I'm a little concerned that they can pass 80% of the time without establishing a running game. If this is the plan, then they need an OL that can protect the QB, who is a great passer, and have some very good receivers.

As bad as we might not want to hear it, let's take BSU for an example: Great QB, great receivers, Good defense, and oh, don't forget their great speed. I'm sure that ISU's coaches ae trying to get all these ingredients put together. I hope to see them have a winning record.

Bandit - I agree with you. One of the issues we had last year was that we never did establish a running game on offense so we depended on our passing game throughout the season to convert first downs and touchdowns. The offensive line had to pass block on most plays so the percentage of our quarterbacks taking more sacks was higher than most teams. I believe this season maybe different as we should have a running game with Prier and McSurdy. The offensive line will be more experienced and will have good depth so I anticipate the our offensive line will do well this season. Yost and the receivers have established themselves so the passing attack should be explosive. The defense will definitely have to improve from last season. I'm not sure why the defense could not stop opposing teams but we gave up too many points and too many yards. Maybe, we lacked speed as most running teams did what they wanted to do to gain yardage against us. We will have alot of new defensive players this season so we will have to wait and see how they will perform in games.

Hey guys! Thanks for the notes. I'm just researching a little bit before I head down to Poky for the first practice today at 3 p.m. (Be sure to tune in at 6 p.m. as I'll be live from the mini dome.)

Here's a good site that breaks down all of the team statistics from last season. As you can see, ISU finished last in quite a bit of categories, including pass efficiency. I find this surprising because of the numbers ISU put up passing last year.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/custompages/football/2011/stats/confldrs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back