• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Coach Kramer = Class!!!!

demian

I have read a lot on here since last November of a lot of fans wanting Coach Kramer fired or hoping he will resign etc etc. I DON’T agree at all with that idea but I understand that everyone can have there own opinion. I saw something at Saturdays game that makes me thankful as a parent that he is the Head Coach of my son and as a fellow coach it made me proud to be a coach and as a fellow human and a father etc etc it made me so thankful on how Coach Kramer handled a situation involving an injured player on the OPPOSING team. In the first qtr Taison Manu absolutely blew up a Simon Fraser WR, blasted him hard right in his back and the Simon Fraser player was down for quite some time with an injury. The arena was quiet as we waited to make sure the player was ok, which ultimately he was helped off the field. What impressed me so much was that Coach handled the situation with what appeared to me to be extreme class and leadership. Manu celebrated immediately as he got up from the ground after hitting the SFU player and Manu did some signature celebration moves and was really excited and demonstrative about it. Which in Manus defense I am certain he did not know the kid was injured etc etc he was just pumped up etc etc. But Coach Kramer and most spectators could tell immediately the kid was hurt etc. Coach stepped onto the field towards Manu and while I do not know exactly what was said it appeared as though he was telling Manu not to celebrate while another player is down on the ground injured. I don’t know for a fact that that was what was said but I saw Manus reaction was of body language and hand motions to the coach to indicate = sorry, my bad, I didn’t know he was injured, I will stop. Then Coach talked to him some more while the injured player was on the ground being attended to, and ultimately Coach took Manu out of the game and put a substitute in for him for a few plays. I thought that was a great teachable moment by the coach and a great show of sportsmanship and class and leadership from one human, one competitor to another. I am glad to have my son play for a person like that

Agreed, demian, it's the little things that count that many folks could miss about a coach and his character. My son is also a first year player on this team and I'm very happy he's playing here. He's had a very good experience with ISU as a school and football program so far.

Tacoma5 said:
Agreed, demian, it's the little things that count that many folks could miss about a coach and his character. My son is also a first year player on this team and I'm very happy he's playing here. He's had a very good experience with ISU as a school and football program so far.

Yeah I agree with you 100%, the little things are HUGE to me. I am so glad your son is having a great experience. Mine is too!!!!

That is definetly a teaching moment from coach to player. I like Kramer as a coach but I can tell you this, losing most of the time gets old for players, coaches, parents, alumni, student body, and fans. On the other hand, players that stay at ISU for 4 - 5 years are graduating which is good news.

up for the challenge said:
I can tell you this, losing most of the time gets very old for players and fans. On the other hand, players that stay at ISU for 4 - 5 years are graduating which is good news.
No doubt about that. We need to rack up some W's this year for sure.

Tacoma5 said:
I can tell you this, losing most of the time gets very old for players and fans. On the other hand, players that stay at ISU for 4 - 5 years are graduating which is good news.
No doubt about that. We need to rack up some W's this year for sure.

I do not mean to discourage you as a parent of a player as we have good players on the team. Kramer will try his best to prepare his team for games. The chance that we will win more than two games in the Big Sky is slim to none. If you do not believe that than look at our win-loss record over the last 5 years. Other than the 2014 season most Seniors end their career with only a couple of wins each season which is frustrating for them. I do like the freshmen class as some have been given the opportunity to start and some are playing . Until we have a winning season, it is same same so do not get your hopes up after winning against a D2 team that lost every game last season. Once we start to lose again in the Big Sky the excuses and complaints start to occur why we are not winning. Happens every season.

That is definetly a teaching moment from coach to player. I like Kramer as a coach but I can tell you this, losing most of the time gets old for players, coaches, parents, alumni, student body, and fans. On the other hand, players that stay at ISU for 4 - 5 years are graduating which is good news.

I understand that for sure. I believe that Coach Kramer is gonna get the ship turned around. From what I understand was it last season that was his first season to have the full allotment of scholarships available from the probation. or is it this season that is the first to have the full allotment of scholarships? Let him have a few classes and teams with FULL scholarships available. I believe that will help the W-L record. There is a lot to like for recruits at ISU I think. Good facilities, a nice city that is better than some college towns in my opinion, coaching staff that puts a huge priority on academics and graduating which is HUGE to a lot of parents and a coaching staff that puts a priority on social behavior which is HUGE to a lot of parents. Coach Kramer has the program headed in the right direction in my opinion. But I understand what you mean about winning games. Winning is FUN no doubt.

Winning is not only fun but necessary for coaches to have winning seasons at this level. If not, coaches are normally replaced. I believe Kramer has replaced some assistant coaches over the last 5 years prior to their contract ending for not coaching up to his expectations. Same for the scholarship players - some did not have their scholarships renewed by Kramer if he felt that player was not playing up to expectations as scholarships are renewed or not by Kramer every year.

I kind of doubt that all of the scholarships must be renewed each year. I think it would be pretty hard to recruit really good athletes under those conditions. I was given a scholarship to a D! school over 50 years ago and it was a full ride, which meant everything I needed was covered for 4 years. Back in my day there were no redshirts. I believe that in today's world a full-ride scholarship would cover everything up to five years.

Reborn2010 said:
I kind of doubt that all of the scholarships must be renewed each year. I think it would be pretty hard to recruit really good athletes under those conditions. I was given a scholarship to a D! school over 50 years ago and it was a full ride, which meant everything I needed was covered for 4 years. Back in my day there were no redshirts. I believe that in today's world a full-ride scholarship would cover everything up to five years.

It's my understanding that this is part of the reason many want changes in the system, that scholarships are not four year guarantees but are renewed year to year at the coaches discretion.

PBP

I hope that this does get changed. I think they would be able to recruit some better athletes if they could guarantee the athlete a full ride.

Latest posts

Back