• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Coaches Show Guests Tonight

votb

ISU Men's Basketball Coach Bill Evans and ISU Athletic Director Jeff Tingey will be our guests on the ISU Coaches radio show tonight at 6:00 on 101.1 FM, KEIR, and on Stretch Internet

Interesting second half of the show with Jeff. Lots of good info about facilities.

-Locker rooms and restrooms are being built this spring at the softball stadium.

-New and bigger video board (13 x 40?) to be installed inside Holt, with announcement to be made next week.

-Gift has been received to replace bleachers in Davis Field, but need a major gift to replace track first.

-Multi-million donor is in place for arena, but still need a naming rights donor.

Good stuff.

I watch a lot of sports and shows, and one thing which is common on local productions is the asking of money. For example, if you flip the channels and catch a show like BYU Sports Nation, they always make mention as to how easy it is to join the Cougar Club, starting at just $5 a month. I caught a New Mexico State basketball game a few weeks back, and during a timeout the announcers made a pitch for it's booster club, including all of the graphics with info for viewers. Is there a reason why Jerry and Mark, for example, don't invite listeners to donate via the Boosters club or even the gifting link? Why not draw attention every time like most other school's broadcasts do?

JJB:

I can't speak for Jerry since often I can't hear his broadcasts because the women are playing at the same time but many times I will make a pitch for the ISU Fast Break Club which is the donation organization specifically for them.

As far as the athletic department in general I have never been given a 'reader' that I can use or should use during a game with info on where to send a donation, or who to send it to, or a phone number that someone can call.

I have a general idea of how someone can donate but nothing in detail that I can pass along to the listeners and this is something you probably don't want to guess at since often checks are in the envelop.

PBP

Latest posts

Back