• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Coaches Show info?

The Wednesday before the first game...just like always. That means Wednesday, September 2nd, 6 pm MDT on KEIR FM 101.1 (IF & Pocatello), FM 92.7 (Blackfoot), AM 690 (Lower Valley), AM 1260 (Upper Valley)
Online at: eastidahonews.com (click on the KEIR web banner near the top of the page) and again through Stretch Internet at isubengals.com.

First show guests:

Jeff Tingey
Mike Kramer

I couldn't listen to the Coaches Show tonight. Does anyone have a link to the recording of it? I can't find access anywhere. Thanks guys.

Couldn't catch it either. It doesn't look like ISU's website have ANY broadcasts planned through Stretch Internet involving football or coaches shows. Is it because they are available through the radio station's website? Can't find a podcast or anything on eastidahonews either. The more things change, the more they stay the same. :lol:

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/idast/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Speaking only for me, it's not possible for me to listen to most coaches shows live. I catch them later.

Again, are all of the broadcasts which will be aired on eastidahonews NOT going to be aired on Stretch Internet? Stretch at least allowed one to listen later on-demand. Is there a place to do so on the eastidahonews website? Are you suggesting that clicking on that banner will bring up previous broadcasts? Because I don't see where those are available, if so.

That's weird, because when I posted this last night both the Coaches Show and football game were on the Stretch schedule, and now the football game isn't there, and apparently the Coaches show wasn't either. I'm trying to find out what's going on...

No it wasn't up on Stretch. That is why I asked the question about when the first Coaches Show would be. Since I was told it was happening the same way it always does--I expected to find it on STRETCH. This did not work and no link was available that I could see.

Because I am an incredibly resourceful dude, I instead went to KEIR through TUNE IN RADIO on my mobile phone and listened to it there.

Troy, you are an incredibly resourceful dude! Lol. However that doesn't solve the problem for those of us that still need the recorded version of the show. VOTB, can it just be put up on you tube or something as a sound only file? Or a link added to the ISU media page where we can listen to the show from March 18th?

The word is that there were some "snafus" last night, but from here on out the show will be available streaming live at both eastidahonews.com and STRETCH, and that both shows and games will be archived, as usual. Also if you happened to miss it, ISU football games streamed live from Holt Arena will be in HD this year.

GO BENGALS!

BengalBannMan said:
Troy, you are an incredibly resourceful dude! Lol. However that doesn't solve the problem for those of us that still need the recorded version of the show. VOTB, can it just be put up on you tube or something as a sound only file? Or a link added to the ISU media page where we can listen to the show from March 18th?

BBM, I certainly understand what you say and I was not trying to minimize the need at all. What I meant to say is that in desperation, I found an alternate plan to the live show.

votb said:
The word is that there were some "snafus" last night, but from here on out the show will be available streaming live at both eastidahonews.com and STRETCH, and that both shows and games will be archived, as usual. Also if you happened to miss it, ISU football games streamed live from Holt Arena will be in HD this year.

GO BENGALS!

Great news on the HD. That will be killer to see on my end.

What is the chance that ISU will have a quality crew to run the broadcast? It was looking pretty swell at the midpoint in football and all of basketball season. Is Idaho State University and Pocatello, ID still experiencing a shortage of people in the Mass Communications department to pull off this extraordinary feat?

Don't know about the nature of the staffing, but John Young is back in charge again last year and I know they have some of the same crew on hand. They also have new camera positions, and will actually have a wireless field level camera they'll use, as well.

GO BENGALS!

bengalcub said:
BengalBannMan said:

BBM, I certainly understand what you say and I was not trying to minimize the need at all. What I meant to say is that in desperation, I found an alternate plan to the live show.

Troy, no need for an explanation, I was honestly giving you a compliment bud! And agree with you. I only meant to compliment you then move on to try to solve the other issue at hand. I'm so sorry if that rubbed you wrong.
Cheers!

Not rubbed wrong at all. Man we are rubbing on each other all of a sudden. You know the power of the keyboard--tones and messages are sometimes misunderstood. It happens with me and VOTB all the time.

GO BENGALS!

It's weird because the Coaches Show link is up and streaming right now on STRETCH, although it's what's on the air now. I'll check with Athletics.

When I went to the KEIR link at eastidahonews.com, it wouldn't work when I was using Internet Explorer. But when I tried this on Google then it worked just fine. I tried to download the app to Tunein Radio on my mobile phone like Cub did so I could listen to the station but wasn't able to download it.

I just heard back from Athletics and Steve says STRETCH never got their feed online until about 20 minutes into the show. At least that much should be archived within a day or so. It was a STRETCH thing, apparently.

Latest posts

Back