• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Coaches Show Tidbits

Skippy

Listened to Bill Evans interview on this week's coaches show and came away with some good tidbits:
--Bill plans to redshirt Justin Smith, and two freshmen bigs: Topalovic and Nicolds. Both freshmen guards -- Luzcando and Fox -- will probably play.
--If he had to name a starting lineup today, it would be Ben Wilson at PG, Hansen and Ezenwa on the wings and Solarin and Magot at the posts. He said Ezenwa has improved significantly during his redshirt season. He said Wilson will bring a physical presence to the point at 6-6, 207.
--Marcus Bradley is an excellent shooter for a big, but he needs to get in better physicsl shape.
--ISU will attempt to increase the pace offensively even more this season, Evans said. He is learning that trying to score in the half court the majority of the time is just too difficult. He also said ISU will be looking to extend its defense, picking up further down the floor. This may be a response to ISU's struggles defending the trey last season, and the plethora of good three point shooters in the league.
--The recruit who visited a couple of weeks ago "decided to wait. I'm not a good waiter," Bill said so I would assume we are moving on from that player. (Bill did NOT mention the player by name, per NCAA rules). Bill said there will be another recruit on campus in a couple of weeks. ISU has four scholarships to fill for next year. As is the routine for ISU, it looks like most, if not all of the signings will come in the spring.

Bill likes Fox and said he brings a lot of skills to the table. But like most freshmen he needs to get physically stronger, improve on defense and learn the system. He's a good addition to the program but it will take him time to become a major contributor.

Thanks for posting this! Wonder if Wilson in line to start is more a product of him playing well or Fox/Luzcando not quite being ready. That would be an interesting move there... I worry about how ISU will score, but they could be really excellent defensively.

Skippy said:
Bill likes Fox and said he brings a lot of skills to the table. But like most freshmen he needs to get physically stronger, improve on defense and learn the system. He's a good addition to the program but it will take him time to become a major contributor.

Skippy....that's what I've been telling RUHS....the kid will be a decent contributor by his junior year....but because of his lack of strength, he will be a liablity on defense......You have to be able to stop your opponent in D1, not just outscore him

I'm a big Bengal fan but don't live in state. Is there any way to hear the show outside Pocatello? That being said, did Bill say anything else about other redshirt players or other boys on the squad? What about the future of Idaho bball? I'm excited to hear about a faster paced game and I love gritty defense.

bengalmama said:
I'm a big Bengal fan but don't live in state. Is there any way to hear the show outside Pocatello? That being said, did Bill say anything else about other redshirt players or other boys on the squad? What about the future of Idaho bball? I'm excited to hear about a faster paced game and I love gritty defense.

Go to isubengals.com then multi-media and then audio. That will take you to the stretch internet site, where you hit "on demand" for a menu of coaches show broadcasts.

sacstateman said:
Skippy said:

Skippy....that's what I've been telling RUHS....the kid will be a decent contributor by his junior year....but because of his lack of strength, he will be a liablity on defense......You have to be able to stop your opponent in D1, not just outscore him

We will see. That is all

RUHS said:
sacstateman said:
Skippy said:

We will see. That is all

Ian (RUHS) - Being on the fan board all day is really effecting your studies and the passing drills coach has you working on since passing is such a new concept for you. Plus some of the kids in the dorm are complaining about the Justin Bieber posters you have plastered all over the walls. I am sorry that coach is moving a 6`6 guy to your position, because you are not ready. Hang in there, college life will get better.

Hahaha! Sacstateman!
Stay on Sack State message board. You obviously don't know what you are talking about!

Webergrad! That goes for you too! There are about to be a lot other Redondo Union Alum on this board and it will be our pleasure to rub it in your face once the season starts. Crow doesn't taste too good. So you better get something to wash it down with!

RUHS said:
Webergrad! That goes for you too! There are about to be a lot other Redondo Union Alum on this board and it will be our pleasure to rub it in your face once the season starts. Crow doesn't taste too good. So you better get something to wash it down with!

Ian you have been pumping yourself up on our board so I think coming on here is fair game.

You're right, I better watch out for tons of Redando Union fans to stick it down my throat. Because it is totally normal behavior for High School fans to follow their alum that is a 2 star recruit and Spring signee to a school in Idaho that plays in a low level D1 conference. Come on, lets get real about the situation. Ian not redshirting is a success, because many Spring signees that get passed over by numerous schools end up redshirting if they get signed by a D1 program at all. I thought coach Evans made perfect sense on the interview. He likes Ian but he is not going to get a ton of minutes early. But we have to keep hearing from the Ian Fox pump machine.

For the record I want ISU to do well in basketball. I want it to be a nasty, heated rivalry like it was in the early 80's. I remember the thrill of going to Holt arena every year as a boy. The games were intense and the ISU fans were intense. I remember one year bomb threats being called into the Weber State hotel after we won. Standing in the parking lot at 3 in the morning on a February night was not fun.

Latest posts

Back