• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Coaching carousel begins

Skippy

Eastern Washington fired Kirk Earlywine today. Former Montana coach Pat Kennedy resigned after a four-win season at Towson State. Bob Knight's son also got the ax:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/mar/07/eastern-fires-kirk-earlywine/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like we'll keep O'Brien around for another year because we don't have the money to buy out his contract, like we did for Zamberlin. But in the mean time maybe he and his staff can bring in a few JC kids in the offseason the help things out a little for next season.

SLCBengal said:
Weber State will not renew women's basketball coach Carla Taylor's contract...

Taylor just completed her 23rd season as coach of the team, compiling a 308-341 overall and 180-170 Big Sky Conference record since 1988.

Read more: Salt Lake Tribune: Weber Releases Women's Basketball Coach
I find it funny that this story gets mentioned on your fan board but nothing has been on the WSU fan board about it. Oh yeah, that's cuz we don't care about the Womens Basketball team at WSU. Now if they could get rid of that team and field a Womens beach volleyball team, I would go to every game. :D

ajwildcat said:
SLCBengal said:

Taylor just completed her 23rd season as coach of the team, compiling a 308-341 overall and 180-170 Big Sky Conference record since 1988.

I find it funny that this story gets mentioned on your fan board but nothing has been on the WSU fan board about it. Oh yeah, that's cuz we don't care about the Womens Basketball team at WSU. Now if they could get rid of that team and field a Womens beach volleyball team, I would go to every game. :D

You know, AJ, the fact that most schools in the Big Sky don't care about women's basketball is a good thing for us, because we sell our faithful crowd to recruits. So keep ignoring your women's program, it helps recruiting here in Pocatello.

Skippy said:
ajwildcat said:
SLCBengal said:

You know, AJ, the fact that most schools in the Big Sky don't care about women's basketball is a good thing for us, because we sell our faithful crowd to recruits. So keep ignoring your women's program, it helps recruiting here in Pocatello.
Hey anything I can do to help you guys out. I promise to NEVER pay any attention to WSU women's hoops. (Unless I have a daughter that plays for them in the future)

I guess I can understand why someone would not like women's basketball, that's fair. What I don't get is why people that don't like women's basketball feel the need to proudly announce they don't like it. What, are they afraid someone will think they're gay or something?

The women's college game isn't really different than the men's game. I guess there are fewer dunks, but dunks are boring & commonplace in men's ball these days anyway.

ajwildcat said:
Oh yeah, that's cuz we don't care about the Womens Basketball team at WSU.

There's that respect for athletes giving everything they've got for your university. :lol:

But in all fairness you're right. I think about 8 of us showed up for a game once to watch some family play, and outnumbered the WSU crowd. Can't fault you for speaking the truth.

Singlewing said:
ajwildcat said:
Oh yeah, that's cuz we don't care about the Womens Basketball team at WSU.

There's that respect for athletes giving everything they've got for your university. :lol:

But in all fairness you're right. I think about 8 of us showed up for a game once to watch some family play, and outnumbered the WSU crowd. Can't fault you for speaking the truth.
Yeah they gave SOOOO much for this University, lets see they all get a free education in exchange for 6 wins. Seems like the University got screwed on that deal there.

ajwildcat said:
Yeah they gave SOOOO much for this University, lets see they all get a free education in exchange for 6 wins. Seems like the University got screwed on that deal there.

See I knew you cared... those losses bothered you ;) In all seriousness, I just figured you might respect the tremendous amount of time and physical hard work that comes with playing d1 basketball, regardless of W's and L's. After all, the W's and L's depend on so many more factors outside of whether or not an athlete is busting their butt.

But hey, I don't know the WSU team, they could all be slackers for all I know. I know a few athletes who definitely didn't earn their schollie while on campus.

It looks like they went with a big school asst. whose school has been successful rather than an experienced head coach who has proven she could win in the Big Sky(Ardie)

Latest posts

Back