• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Coach's Show thread

votb

Sorry it's taken me awhile to get this post up...I couldn't log on to the site for awhile.

How to submit questions for the Coach's Show Monday night

-You can put them in this thread and I'll use them Monday night
-You can e-mail them to me at: [email protected]
-you can call the show and ask yourself 208-233-5734 (local calls), or 1-800-726-5734 (toll free)
Please include your first name and where you live. It's helpful to be able to say "John in Shelley has this question"...or something like that. However, you don't have to include first name...but as in letters to the editor in newspapers...preference goes to those who provide some identification. Hard questions are not discouraged, but we will not be using questions that bear any semblance to "personal attacks".

Besides being on KSEI (AM930) and KRXK (AM1230 in Rexburg), please note that you can listen to the show online through Stretch Internet through the http://www.isubengals.com site (courtesy of Dr. Michael Sutton at Cedar Hills Family Dentistry in Pocatello) , but if you listen online and decide to call the show, the audio you hear on your PC is substantially delayed (20 secs or more), so there can be problems trying to talk on phone and listen to radio. You can call and give your question to the engineer, who can pass it along.

You need to get Jeff T for a guest so we can ask him some questions.

Bart from Idaho Falls

We always here ....if you take away this play and that fumble and that snap then we are in the game. My question is ... what does it say for the program that you have to play perfect ball to beat a team that has never won a BSC road game?

I ask the same question after the Central loss.
Do we have the player and coaching personel to compete in the BSC?

I made the request for Jeff this afternoon...we'll try to get him in the next couple of weeks...

Rudder: Why can't the o-line give the quarterback more than a second and a half to throw the ball? Have you ever quit trying during a game?

Nineteen Eightyone, Arbon Valley

on my way to write a 10 page paper, i heard a portion of the show tonight. I AM IMPRESSED!

for our coach to say he is not just pleased with the extension to ward off the execution for a couple more years, but rather use those two years to keep going was really great to hear. I liked hearing in his real words what he thought of the extension. I also liked hearing that he wants to retire here. I will really like it IF he also starts winning more games. I think he still can. I for one will give him the next 2 1/2 years to show it.

Great show tonight...from what i caught of it.

I wish I would have had the chance to hear that. That is the kind of stuff that gets me going.

I think that Zamberlin has a chance, but he will need to make some serious changes in the off-season with regards to his coaching staff. If John stays too loyal to what he has, I am not sure that things will ever change. I mean that honestly. I am not saying that a ton of coaches need to go, but some do and some need to be assigned to different duties. I think Zamberlin can lead, but he needs to surround himself with a staff that can help him win. If he remains to loyal to his friends--I think it will be more of the same.

I kinda feel like ISU went "all in" with Coach Z. It will either "pay off in spades" or it will seal the fate of the ISU football program--maybe forever. Once again, I am not trying to be critical--just saying what I feel. The ISU football program--if it has ever been at a critical point--that time is now.

Thoughts?

Nice setup on my question tonight votb. Did you feel my question was harsh? I didn't mean it to be.

I also liked Z's statement that his extension is not a stay of execution. He wants to retire at ISU... I hope he gets the support so he can do it.

The other thing I noticed tonight is he knows what he has for talent. He knows that he needs better athletes. He knows they are going to make moves at certain positions. He knows he can improve his staff.... he knows. The difference with Z is he isn't going to throw his players or coaches under the bus mid season, at least publicly.

When I think about my question.... "Do you have the players and staff to compete in the BSC?" I realize how dumb I am. What is he suppose to say mid season? What else can he say but hell yah we do, anything less would not fit the Z mold. I really, really hope he can make it work.

Good job on the show tonight Z.

Votb and Skippy, Can I make one suggestion on your guest questions? Throw them away and talk football. I don't care who his favorite actor is or his favorite move. You can do better :lol: :lol: :lol:

We can do that. The "whole ten yards" is kind of a holdover from Russ. I like it because it gives you some insight into the player off the field, but we can do that in other ways. When you have someone as articulate as Mitch was tonight, you don't need a script. With some athletes who are less outgoing, having a script is a nice fallback. Glad you guys enjoyed the show -- I thought it was one of the more lively ones we've had this year, and your questions contribute to that. Keep 'em coming, and by all means, dont' be afraid to call in and talk to the coach directly. He is very easy going and really does appreciate hearing from the fans.

Here's a bone for you Cub: one thing Coach Z said is that his staff is exploring new schemes for next year, including the spread, which would allow ISU to run the ball better. He's good friends with Mike Dunbar, who was the OC at Northwestern when they installed the spread to make their running game more effective.

Dunbar was hear in the summertime for a few days to do a clinic for our staff I heard...any advice we could get from him would be great...he's an offensive mastermind...IMHO, we need a Joe Cullen on the offensive side of the ball....someone with great passion, intensity, and most of all EXPERIENCE! And I sure hope we can keep Cullen for another year...not sure what the chances are, but I'd hate to lose him.

Latest posts

Back