• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

College football is changing

Eric hollowell

When you almost fire and great coach like Les Miles and GA does fire Mark Richt who's safe. When 9 games is not enough and bowl win after bowl win just can't get it done. I just don't know.

Eric hollowell said:
When you almost fire and great coach like Les Miles and GA does fire Mark Richt who's safe. When 9 games is not enough and bowl win after bowl win just can't get it done. I just don't know.

Yeah, it's all kind of silly really. It's dollar driven -- the coaches are making astronomical sums so they are expected to produce astronomical results -- and right now. And heaven help you if you piss off the wrong (big dollar) boosters, which is clearly what happened in the LSU case. College football has grown completely out of proportion, especially at the "Power Five" level.

I know funny thing is I get a fundraiser letter last week asking for money and on the back in ready to pay a guy 14 million to go away. I get it we have high expectations but Les reached them all.

Obviously not as big as Les, or the Richt firing, but even Ash up in Montana did a pretty good job for them. He had a season of injuries that didn't help his record this year, but NO MERCY.
In that sense, I kinda like out small time college with ISU. obviously we want winning seasons, but I like the intimate setting that ISU and the Holt Arena offers, and the fact that our coach isn't some millionaire full of himself and "untouchable" by the public.

For me balance Is important. At these two schools there was a lot of top down blaming. Les and Mark make all this money so it has to be your fault. At ISU this year I saw a lot of bottom up blaming. Bad QB play bad safety play bad special teams.so truthfully I saw a lot of the same. When you win it's a team coach's and administration victory. When you lose there is also equal blame. Collage football has to find a balance.

Letting the number of teams with a 5-7 record into bowl games this year shows the current way of doing things is making a mockery of things. Too many bowl games. Too much emphasis on money.

sasquatch said:
Letting the number of teams with a 5-7 record into bowl games this year shows the current way of doing things is making a mockery of things. Too many bowl games. Too much emphasis on money.

Sasquatch, I don't mine it being about money because we need money to build programs. a bowl game can bring in 1-5 million for a school which can be a life saver for some.

here is what many don't know and that is administrations wins games not coach's are players. the support a program get from its leaders equal the number on wins on the field

Latest posts

Back