• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

College of Idaho Reinstates Football

SLCBengal

Not necessarily ISU related, but the College of Idaho voted to reinstate football at the NAIA level. Perhaps the Bengals will be their "money" game sometime down the road...

The Board of Trustees approved the reinstatement of the College’s football team at its May 10-11 meeting and the team is expected to begin play during the fall 2014 season. The Board stressed the desirability of conference affiliation in its vote, and President Marv Henberg and Athletic Director Marty Holly have been invited to a June meeting of Frontier Conference Presidents and Athletic Directors to pursue an application as an associate member to the conference, where C of I would compete in football only.

Read more: College of Idaho Reinstates Football

I am excited about this development. There are a whole lot of Idaho kids not ready to hang up their cleats but can't get into a D1 program. So many are going to Carroll, for example. With this in state option, these kids get one more shot at playing.

My brother, an Idaho Falls HS graduate, was a freshman at C of I when they discontinued the football program (1977). He was all conference that year even though he missed several games because of a season ending knee injury. Whitworth picked up his scholarship and he finished with 3 more all conference honors. Sadly, ISU didn't even sniff at him in high school.

ISU could schedule C of I as a non-conference opponent. I'm sure that C of I will be looking for money games.

Spaz, the local TV stations did talk about the possibilities of the C of I playing ISU for one of their money, bodybag games in the future. And I think that could very well happen since C of I AD Marty Holly used to be an assistant basketball coach under Lynn Archibald years ago. I think that ISU's played about every one of the Frontier Conference teams, although I can't remember the last time we played NAIA powerhouse Carroll College. It would have been too embarrassing if we would have lost to them. I look for the C of I and Eastern Oregon to start up a pretty good rivalry in that league. Now Westminster College, my alma mater, just needs to start up a program, and there's been some talk of that happening.

Latest posts

Back