• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

COME ON FOLKS....LET'S TALK WESTERN STATE...

clawsout

...I'm thinking kramer will keep working different combinations of players ...to see how he can get the best groups on the field....DB depth chart might be changing....and linebacker 2 deeps need to start getting sorted out...what about receivers?...i liked the hanson kid...thinking we need to see some more start 'rising to the top"...toss out your thoughts?....what do you expect?....i'm ready for some more football....that's for sure ... :nod: :nod: :nod:

I think ISU wins this weekend 62-0. I think the defense will score and I think ISU will gain 700+ yards with the defense allowing less than 150.

Broc Malcom will rise to the top. Hansen will have an excellent year as a true freshman.

My concern is ISU's abilities to be efficient inside the 20. Seems like they can move the ball from the 20 to the 20. I am also insistent on the fact that Peko and Golden need to make some serious strides. ISU needs to have one of those two starting at the other corner spot opposite of Gupton. I am not knocking Davidson at all really, I just think they need to be more dynamic out there.

I look forward to a game, free from injuries for both teams. But, we can't afford to have two serious injuries per game. If we do, I'll have to suit up for Weber and I can barely tie my shoes on some days. Our family will be at Bengal Fest & the game. Can't wait for Saturday to start....

Again, we can't look past anyone. See Northen Colorado last week. I feel good about this one. I thnk like others we are still feeling out the positions and depth. We won't see alot of plays until 2 weeks from now.

I am pumped to watch the team in action. Beckstead, Hansen, #18 etc. I will say this, they came out with a lot more fire in their belly than they have in the past 2 years. The emotions and leadership are starting to rear its head. Good to see.

Bill_idaflls, You should check your eligibility. You might have a year or 2 left? I heard you were a 4.3/40 with moves that would break defenders ankles. Go Bengals!

The team came out with a lot more energy last week! The team is so young and I feel like they are finally getting it.

I'm watching the stats online and I have to say I'm continually amazed at the mistakes that are made. On the first quarter drive in which Arias completed a 13 yard pass to Richmond, there was offensive pass interference. The play shouldn't count, and it's a 15-yard penalty. Instead it was a completed pass and a 28-yard penalty.

I always had issues with folks doing stats, which is why I started doing them myself, and I sit. Behind the Statcrew at UNM to make sure these things don't happen. I'm pretty sure Steve fixes them afterwards, but I honestly don't know. I do know it shouldn't happen.

Frank

As I was typing that ISU got credit for a 3-yard run and a 13-yard holding penalty. Nice. ISUs offense on a 65- yard scoring drive gained 111 yards. That m y friends is the greatest offense ever.

Former ISU SID

Overall there are about 10 plays ith penalties that were messed up...because ISU didn't have 167 yards in penalties. ISU also counted three plays that were penalties on them in which Western's QB was credited with an incompletion, but the down shouldn't have counted. Arias also got a few gift completions and yards that way

Frank

In terms of attendance, playing two bad DII teams in consecutive weeks is not good. I noticed that NAU and Cal-Davis played a non-conference game yesterday. I wonder if ISU and another Big Sky team would consider scheduling a non-conference game against a Big Sky team that ISU is not playing in a given year. A worse alternative would be playing a top DII team and losing (like ISU did to Central Washington a few years ago).

I just don't get any joy from beating a small team like Western State or Dixie. I realize that these types of games might be needed to get an easy win (and I know the scheduling problems) but as a football fan, I am bored with these games (and I went to both games).

I also don't think that these games do anything to prepare the Bengals for Big Sky play.

spudbowl said:
In terms of attendance, playing two bad DII teams in consecutive weeks is not good. I noticed that NAU and Cal-Davis played a non-conference game yesterday. I wonder if ISU and another Big Sky team would consider scheduling a non-conference game against a Big Sky team that ISU is not playing in a given year.

I like the idea. However, when was the last time ISU scheduled a game (of their own volition) against another FCS? Not likely to happen due to budget issues.

On the first game of the season Weber scheduled Stephen F. Austin at home and beat them 50-40. If they can do something like that then we should be able to.

It's absolutely doable to schedules a one-and-one with another FCS program, as Weber State did. ISU won't do it.

This year's 12 game regular season schedule is an anomaly. Next year or the year after it will go back to 11 games. Figure 8 games are conference games, so that leaves 3 non-conference. Jeff Tingey has said numerous times that he is dependent on the income of 2 FBS games, so that only leave 1 additional game to schedule. If ISU were to enter into a one-and-one with another FCS school, that would mean only 4 home games vs. 7 away games for one season. Bringing in a lower level school insures a 5 home game schedule.

Not saying I like it, but prostituting yourself by playing FBS programs has become the norm.

KSL has a commentary about Weber scheduling 2 FBS games each season...

Weber State’s gas tank is about empty after giving up 70 points two weeks in a row to in-state FBS teams.

The Wildcats are beat up, tired and left questioning their own abilities after losing to the University of Utah, 70-7, and Utah State University, 70-6.

Sadly, the season-opening victory over Stephen F. Austin feels like it was eons ago, and the confidence from the victory went with it.

So, the question is: are the financial benefits Weber State got from playing two FBS teams worth the harm they caused?

In short, they are worth it only under the direst of financial circumstances.

Read more: KSL.com: Weber State can’t afford to play two FBS teams in a year, ever again

Latest posts

Back