• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Davis Field

otis campbell

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but has there been any serious consideration for playing a game or two on Davis Field, early in the season so weather wouldn't be a factor?

It would mess up the field for the girls soccer team, and I don't think that there is acquit seating and no video bord. I like the thought but let's fill the dome.

otis campbell said:
Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but has there been any serious consideration for playing a game or two on Davis Field, early in the season so weather wouldn't be a factor?

Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't believe Davis Field meets football field standards anymore -- the track is too close to the field.

ISU played a spring game at Davis Field during the last year or so of Larry Lewis' tenure (Matt Gutierrez played his spring game there). I remember then hearing that the field was not wide enough and you could tell in that game. In addition, the bleachers on the east side of the field are in dis-repair. The Big Sky Conference soccer tourney this year was packed on the west side and I think the attendance was 1100 for the championship game. Of course, the West side bleachers could be fixed (and that would be nice) but the field is not wide enough and the capacity would still only be 2200 or so.

It's not too narrow...a soccer field is wider than a football field. The bigger issues are for the players actually...no locker rooms or anything like that. There are definitely not enough concessions or bathrooms either.

FormerISUSID

Latest posts

Back