• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Defense, rebounding...

Skippy

And point guard play, all the things we worried about going into the season, remain concerns after Arizona State whacked the Bengals 94-74 last night. The Bengals “couldn’t stay in front of anybody” according to Bill Evans, and giving up 94 points would seem to validate that. ISU got out rebounded 41-29, and their two point guards were unproductive, shooting 3 for 12 with three assists.

On the positive side, F Jacob McCord had a nice debut with 18 points and 5 rebounds. But ISU, who was last in the league in both defense and rebounding margin last year, apparently still has a lot of work to do to be competitive this season. The Bengals host Utah Valley, who lost at Kentucky by 10 after leading by 9 at half, Tuesday night.

:twocents:
Skippy said:
And point guard play, all the things we worried about going into the season, remain concerns after Arizona State whacked the Bengals 94-74 last night. The Bengals “couldn’t stay in front of anybody” according to Bill Evans, and giving up 94 points would seem to validate that. ISU got out rebounded 41-29, and their two point guards were unproductive...

Get used to it. It will only get worse.

I thought Evans was supposed to be a defensive guru? Defense was bad last year, and it's not good this year. I'm glad we were playing Bethesda, because any other division I team that night, we'd have been beat. They were better coached and more composed, but luckily we had the better players.

CSUN played Montana tough the first half but were worn down in the second. I don't think it will be as easy a game as some think.

Just to ramble a bit. The defense is not good on this team. Other teams are getting lots of second chance points. Some players can drive to the basket, but they can't hit layups. Free throw shooting is poor. Since the Arizona State game, various players have been putting clips from the different broadcasts on their social mediaj accounts highlighting their own personal accomplishment. Bizarre to me, especially when they have been losses. Evans still has no clue who fits where on this team. I like Luzcando at the point, but I'm not all that impressed with our down low play. Lots of turnovers. Lots.

There is no leadership on this team, no go-to guy. I think Stutzman will be that guy, but he's going to need some time.

The CSUN game should be a more accurate measurement where we are.

The Bengals MBB have a few wins on their home court and with three more tune up games before conference starts things are starting to be work out. We have ideal of where everyone can and will help this team. I’m sure the rotation will still be adjusted a little depending on who we’re playing (match ups are huge) BUT at lease the players are starting to understand what their roles are . Each player has his strengths and weakness and know what they should work on individually before and after practice. This team will continue to grow and get better, there’s plenty of potential at ISU and I’m looking forward to conference play.

Latest posts

Back