• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Denver is leaving the WAC for the Summit

Sas:

It is my understanding that because schedules for basketball, volleyball and soccer are already basically done for next season there simply isn't a way to involve Idaho in the mix for next year without breaking contracts and such.

It's just unworkable so the conference said Idaho returns in two years.

This is a major blow to the WAC's attempt to remain as a basketball conference.

PBP

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21145080/sources-denver-leaving-wac-for-the-summit-next-year" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://arizonasports.com/118/1591151/Report-Grand-Canyon-University-headed-to-the-WAC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grand Canyon has always had a good program but you look at the names of the schools still remaining in the WAC basketball league and it's pretty poor. I also suspect they are running out of possibilities.

PBP

Thanks PBP. I was wondering if the 'Sky would ever consider New Mexico State, since they have a pretty good basketball history. Since Tulane and East Carolina went to the Big East today, NMSU might have a shot at Conference USA (if they are looking for replacements) or even the Sun Belt (if Conference USA plucks 2 teams from there for replacements).

Sas:

I know that there was some talk New Mexico State could be in the mix with the Big Sky before Idaho came on board. I was told by their Sports Information people though that they would not want to 'drop down' a notch in football. I also suspect that the location / distance from other Big Sky schools would be a problem. It's a long, long way from say Portland or Cheney, Washington to N.M. State.

PBP

Latest posts

Back