• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Dirk Koetter In Mix For UK Job

PBP

A little off the topic but since he is from here both the Lexington Herald-Leader and Yahoo Sports are reporting that Dirk Koetter is a potential candidate to replace the fired Joker Phillips as the new football coach at Kentucky.

Koetter started Boise State on the road to where they are now and he had a winning record in six years as head coach at Arizona State.

Right now he's the o-coordinator for the Falcons after spending a few years in Jacksonville on the Jags staff.

He's known for unconventional play calling on offense.

Skippy can probably fill you in on the details of his career here in Pocatello. I know he played high school ball here and his father coached at ISU.

PBP

Dirk Koetter is from Highland.. but he also played QB at ISU from '78-'81. He started a lot in '79, was Machurek's back-up '80-'81, and started one game in '81 at Montana (our only loss on the year).

I got to Idaho late in the late '90s. I thought he was a total jerk at BSU, and could make a Vandal fan out of anyone. He was horrible at ASU. Kentucky would be better off with Petrino, even though he's beneath their moral standards.

Kentucky Sports Radio is now reporting that Dirk is in the group of five or so coaches who are the 'finalists' for the job and that UK will start the interview process soon.

Lip

Dirk is a lot like his dad. Both are GREAT on the field coaches, but neither can necessarily be described as a "people person." Unless it's a great job, I don't see Dirk leaving the NFL. I've heard he definitely doesn't miss the "babysitting" aspect of college athletes, nor does he miss kissing up to boosters or recruits.

sasquatch said:
Dirk is a lot like his dad. Both are GREAT on the field coaches, but neither can necessarily be described as a "people person." Unless it's a great job, I don't see Dirk leaving the NFL. I've heard he definitely doesn't miss the "babysitting" aspect of college athletes, nor does he miss kissing up to boosters or recruits.

Given the job he is doing in Atlanta he will be a head coach in the NFL in the next few years. I would really be surprised if he went to KY.

Kentucky hired Florida State's MIke Stoops for the job this morning. Also are planning on a major upgrade of football facilities which are about the worst in the SEC...even Vandy has improved their's.

PBP

PBP said:
Kentucky hired Florida State's MIke Stoops for the job this morning. Also are planning on a major upgrade of football facilities which are about the worst in the SEC...even Vandy has improved their's.

PBP

Minor correction, it's MARK Stoops, not Mike. Just how many Stoops brothers are there? This is at least the 3rd to get a college head coaching gig.

Regarding Vandy, there's a great example of having an assistant coaching staff which moves onward and upward. James Franklin was an assistant here under Larry Lewis, and he went from here directly to Maryland. What he's doing at Vanderbilt is beyond belief. Having staff turnover at this level for THAT reason isn't a bad thing.

Latest posts

Back