• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Ditch Title IX?

Moscow_Bengal

Interesting article out today by Richard Epstein: http://www.hoover.org/publications/defining-ideas/article/77231" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really?

I could think of a hundred more important topics to concern one's self with. IMO this is just dumb.

SLC Bengal: you saved that persons post with your link... much better. I get the point now and how it could affect ISU.

Interesting article, Moscow. I find it fascinating that ISU has about one million more dollars in scholarships than THETEAMSANCTIONEDBYGODANDAMERICA Boise State does.

Spartan, this has everything to do with ISU athletics. I know possessing an uninhibited, larger view of things comes hard for you but please, do put forth the effort to understand, okay buddy?

the link posted has zero to do with idaho state - there were no statements made relating it to isu

super - scoot along now little fella, grownups are talking here. go draw pictures in your joe goebbles coloring book.... :rofl:

spartan and superfan, why don't you both use the private message feature on here and spare the rest of us your juvenile and idiotic diatribe.

Is there a way to ignore certain users on here so I don't have to read their posts? Private message me if there is a way please.

JJB said:
spartan and superfan, why don't you both use the private message feature on here and spare the rest of us your juvenile and idiotic diatribe.

Is there a way to ignore certain users on here so I don't have to read their posts? Private message me if there is a way please.

http://bengals.bigskyfans.com/ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uneducated troll aside, I think TitleIX was one of those laws that had really had some merit; but applied really badly. You see, if TitleIX were to be ditched, guess what ISU isn't going to have? Winning women's basketball and volleyball and track/field, arguably the saving grace of ISU Athletics the past 7-8 years. And that goes for almost every school around the nation. No TitleIX means the willful obliteration of women's programs across the nation, be they winning or not. A sad fact about America is that there is a definite bias against women's sports, even if they have more victories in a season than some men's programs have in 3 or 4. IMO, women's sports are more entertaining to watch: better fundamentals, less bitching, and in the case of basketball, more physical. I've seen it so many times: a man drives to the hoop and everyone gives him this wide open lane to do it. A woman drives to the hoop and there's a 50/50 chance she's going to get the stuffing knocked out of her.

It's just reality that without TitleIX, women's sports would be axed or reverted to club status. Women's sports aren't very popular, so they don't secure the ticket sales and a rabid fanbase even if the program is generating a national title once every 6 or 7 seasons.

It's just reality that without TitleIX, women's sports would be axed or reverted to club status. Women's sports aren't very popular, so they don't secure the ticket sales and a rabid fanbase even if the program is generating a national title once every 6 or 7 seasons.

That's because most people want to watch the highest level of competition. If you were to put the best womens team up against a normal mens team, the mens team would totally dominate; Basic genetics.

With that said... of course mens sports yield higher profits but without womens sports many things would change. For one... the ratio of men to women would be way down and that alone would kill ISU recruiting. Lets face it; most young men thrive in colleges filled with talented women.

In closing... you might be surprised that if Title IX went away many women's programs would not end; just evolve to be more financially balanced. Our leaders would be ignorant to not see that correlation.

[With that said... of course mens sports yield higher profits but without womens sports many things would change.[/quote]

Cal Bengal Fan you might be surprised to know that most men's programs are money losers, particularly at the 1-AA level. Most football programs at this level are subsidized by state money and/or student fees. Last year, ISU's football program brought in revenue of just over $1 million (most of which -- about $900 K -- was from guarantee games). Their expenses were $2.1 million. At ISU, student fees and state support make up 42 percent of the athletic department's revenues -- ticket sales just 2.5 percent.

Cal Bengal Fan you might be surprised to know that most men's programs are money losers, particularly at the 1-AA level. Most football programs at this level are subsidized by state money and/or student fees. Last year, ISU's football program brought in revenue of just over $1 million (most of which -- about $900 K -- was from guarantee games). Their expenses were $2.1 million. At ISU, student fees and state support make up 42 percent of the athletic department's revenues -- ticket sales just 2.5 percent.

I figured that the bulk of the money was coming from the money games and student fees but did not know that ticket sales only accounted for 2.5 percent :shock:

I guess it's hard to get overly excited about Bengal Football when we are losing most games... makes sense!

I would bet that this coming years ticket sales will be much improved. Let's shoot for a minimum increase of 10%

GO BENGALS!!!

Pocatello has always been very supportive of the Bengals, even in tough years. Given something to get excited about I would expect the community will respond accordingly. But ISU is not the only school where football loses money. With the exception of Montana, footballl is heavily subsidized throughout the Big Sky.

Latest posts

Back