• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Does Kramer want Baily back?

I know it's a business decision for those guys, but a sell out is a sell out. We need to continue building from where we are. Not continue to play revolving coach. But I hold nothing against Don Bailey. I don't know him from Adam.

Let me see he helped build this program and helped create our offensive philosophy. I would say if the opportunity was there Kramer would definitely bring him back in. He was a good offensive coordinator and QB coach and he could help develop our current QB's. Look what he did over his years with Yost and Arias. For me I would be welcoming him back in a heartbeat.

psk584 said:
Let me see he helped build this program and helped create our offensive philosophy. I would say if the opportunity was there Kramer would definitely bring him back in. He was a good offensive coordinator and QB coach and he could help develop our current QB's. Look what he did over his years with Yost and Arias. For me I would be welcoming him back in a heartbeat.

and what does that do for Cross, who's only had one year to prove himself? what do we do with him. If we say we are building the program he should have opportunity to grow with it as well. also reunions rarely work. USC has failed twice at it. three times if you remove Robinsons rose bowl year. Louisville has had mix results. Miami failed with Randy Shannon. Southern Miss did as well. I think its important to keep moving forward.

Nothing against Cross but I don't think he was ready to take this offense over and it has shown this year. You forget this was a reunion for Kramer and Bailey here at ISU and seemed to work out pretty well. Having Bailey here was also good because Kramer didn't have to worry about that side of the ball and could focus on other things.

psk584 said:
Nothing against Cross but I don't think he was ready to take this offense over and it has shown this year. You forget this was a reunion for Kramer and Bailey here at ISU and seemed to work out pretty well. Having Bailey here was also good because Kramer didn't have to worry about that side of the ball and could focus on other things.

Head Coach – Bill Belichick
Defensive Coordinator – Nick Saban

fried coaches from the Browns 1994 staff. a great example of pulling the plug on youth to soon. Cross OC''d 8 games so far.

No offense to anybody here, but comparing our coaches to literally the highest paid, most successful coaches in football is like comparing a Ferrari to a camero. Ya they are both cars but just not in the same class.

Don't get me wrong I like our head coach, but if anybody performs dead last in any sport, something has gotta give.
We were really good last year...so what changed? Bailey and arias left. Since we aren't getting arias back. Why not Bailey?? Put as much back as was there when things were better.

Leading the nation in turnovers it's the receivers,linemen, or even our defenses fault.
I don't care if you're Mario Andretti; crash every single car you drive, you ain't taking my kid to school.

I see problems in the staff this year, I am not bashing them, but I don't see the same cohesive group as the few years. How are the players supposed to work together if the coaches are struggling??

All true comments BengalBeliever. But the main thing I don't like about bringing Bailey back is the fact that he has already left once. I realize that's the nature of college football, but that's one reason I'm pulling for Kramer. He wants to retire here! That's a big thing to have in college football coaching. If we had the chance to bring Bailey back, how long does it last? He's here one year, gets another FBS offer, then he's gone. You can't build a program with a new OC every year.
The only way I would want Bailey back, is if his contract was paid in full at the conclusion of 5 years. (Not gonna happen)

I think Cross will be just fine. There were a lot of growing pains this year that didn't just include the offense.

Bailey didn't do himself any favors by going to Hawaii. The offense is worse this year than it was last year, so he hasn't improved his stock at all. I'm glad he went FBS, but I just wish he hadn't taken a chance on the shipwreck which is Hawaii football. I could see him staying in FBS as a positions coach though.

Baily has struggled as well this year. Plus he is making a lot more money.
I don't see him coming back.
If Cross can't improve these last 3 games, I
think Kramer has to make a change.
ISU already has a proven offensive coordinator & QB coach on its staff.
At least it gives Kramer some options.

Let's see; new QB, first year, and a head coach who is hands on. Cross isn't your problem on offense and firing people before they have a chance to learn is really a stupid idea.

blackfootbengal said:
Let's see; new QB, first year, and a head coach who is hands on. Cross isn't your problem on offense and firing people before they have a chance to learn is really a stupid idea.

Blackfoot I with you 100%. why people are so fast to toss cross under the bus. I'm glad someone gave me time to improve.

Latest posts

Back