• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Don Bailey to be new OC at Hawaii.

....Bummer....well good luck to him...it's better than we had coaches that no one wanted....including us.....Kramer will hire a good one.....I have the faith....."GO Bengals !"....... :thumb:

I honestly don't know how much longer Norm Chow will be at Hawaii, but nonetheless I'm pretty happy for Don that he's getting this opportunity. I would think that Matt Troxel could very well be a candidate now for ISU's OC position, since he's done such a great job with the offensive line. Former ISU OC Keith Uperesa is also on staff at Hawaii.

If we are trying to secure a JC QB, will the loss of Bailey affect that? One of the strengths of the program last year was that there was little or no change in the coaching staff. Now we have lost our Receivers Coach and the Offensive Coordinator. All of a sudden I'm a little nervous about the offense, and feeling pretty good about the defense.

I want to thank Don Bailey for all he has done to improve this program. He has done a fantastic job!

That said, Hawaii? The athletic program is a mess. They are running multi-million dollar deficits. The AD quit, and I don't think they have a new one hired yet. That might be the only reason Chow still has a job.

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/university-of-hawaii-athletics-must-tackle-fiscal-woes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The fans are mixed. Some don't think the hiring matters, because they think Chow will be gone after next season.

http://www.sportshawaii.com/sh/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46785&sid=d70ebaedea8f66533f0b934fe3041057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Remember when Chow hired a former ISU assistant, Aaron Price, to be the OC for the 2013 season? He fired Price on the first day of fall camp. Just odd.

I think Bailey's stock will only rise, so I hope he decides to stay another year at least. But I also have confidence Kramer will find the right fit for the OC and QB coach. Maybe somebody is already on staff, otherwise there are some great coaches in other programs who would love to lead a high octane offense like this.

I do not think there will be a high octane offense with the loss of Justin Arias and Don Bailey. Too much of a learning curve with new OC and new QB. The defense will have to step up big time this season to win games otherwise it could be a long season with the tougher schedule. Of course Don Bailey accepted the OC position at Hawaii. More money and better opportunity.

I disagree with Up. We have all but one O-Lineman back, leading rusher in the conference, talented wide receivers coming out of our ears. Our offense is gonna rock, again!

I don't think it will change the offense much. The offense will run the same system but maybe with a new OC we can get a little more innovation. (Like receiver sweep pass)The O-line is the key..... We will have a awesome run game and will still have the ability to toss the football. If Matt Troxel or one of the coaches is hired I think you will see pretty good continuity from last year to this year.

votb said:
I disagree with Up. We have all but one O-Lineman back, leading rusher in the conference, talented wide receivers coming out of our ears. Our offense is gonna rock, again!

:thumb: :clap:

I never said our offense would not be good. Give it some time for the new QB and new OC to develop this upcoming season. I wonder who will be the starting QB and who will be the new OC?

Reading this thread reminds me of reading bobcatnation when Don Bailey was MSU's OC. It's like a completely different universe. :lol:

Slightly OT, but Boise State appears about to lose their OC to Notre Dame:

http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Notre-Dame-To-Land-Top-Coaching-Target-Mike-Sanford-35574024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Assuming this does happen, any names out there being thrown around to come in? My guess is it will be somebody we hadn't thought of, but it's always fun to speculate, right?

Robin Pflugrad? He was an assistant at Oregon and he wanted to make Montana a fast up-tempo team. The offensive numbers really jumped his second and final season there. I don't think he's coaching anywhere currently.

Paul Wulff? This is a longshot, but he was one and done this season as OC at South Florida. He did improve the offensive numbers from the previous season, but apparently not enough.

Blaine Bennett? He followed Beau Baldwin at CWU and did good things for them. He was almost OC here before, but accepted a job at Purdue, then Michigan State. Somebody said he was assisting over at Eagle High? True?

Bryce Erickson? I'm throwing this name out there only because of his bloodline. Dennis is his dad, and Bryce is the QB coach at Idaho. There's probably some connection with Kramer and him.

Any others?

Hawaii media confirms the hiring...

Former Southern Methodist interim head coach Tom Mason and Idaho State offensive coordinator Don Bailey have reached agreements to become the University of Hawaii football team's defensive and offensive coordinators, respectively.

Mason and Bailey are expected to join the Warriors on March 1, a month ahead of the opening of UH's spring practice.

They are believed to have agreed to one-year contracts.

Bailey will be paid within the coordinator's range of $150,000 and $180,000.

Read more: Honolulu Star-Advertiser: Warriors Name Offensive, Defensive Coordinators

Read more: KHON 2: Mason and Bailey Hired as UH Football Coordinators

Latest posts

Back