• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Don Bailey will be the new OC.

Bailey was on the Pokey Allen staff at Boise State, a staff that got totally hosed by the AD after Pokey's death. He's a good football mind.

Personally, I would like to see coach Holmes come back and work with the defense. He is currently the D-Coordinator at Poky High and he coached DBs under Tom Walsh. He should have been the DC instead of that a$$hole Ely (currently at PSU), but that is another story.

Also, have they made a decision on the strength coach yet? Is that Kramer's call or Tingy's? I believe this position covers most sports so I am guessing it is Tingy's call.

After listening to all of Zamberlin's whining. I was just thinking about the team when Walsh took over. Talk about a mess. McNelly had just let everything drop and no one stepped up to the plate to watch what was going on, about half the team ended up leaving. Walsh's first spring practice had about thirty kids in it, talk about taking over a problem. Zamberlin would have died dealing with those problems.

An interesting tidbit; Walsh's staff may have had more affect on the local community than any other I can think of. Some are still living here and coaching at Pocatello High. One was the influence for the offense that Coffman used at Century. Bear1984 could you provide his name, off the top of my head I cannot remember it. My son when he played at Pocatello really liked this man. Bruce Barnum was on this staff and stayed to coach with Lewis. While Walsh himself was forgetable, his staff have made a life here in Idaho and have helped promote football in Pocatello.

blackfootbengal said:
After listening to all of Zamberlin's whining. I was just thinking about the team when Walsh took over. Talk about a mess. McNelly had just let everything drop and no one stepped up to the plate to watch what was going on, about half the team ended up leaving. Walsh's first spring practice had about thirty kids in it, talk about taking over a problem. Zamberlin would have died dealing with those problems.

An interesting tidbit; Walsh's staff may have had more affect on the local community than any other I can think of. Some are still living here and coaching at Pocatello High. One was the influence for the offense that Coffman used at Century. Bear1984 could you provide his name, off the top of my head I cannot remember it. My son when he played at Pocatello really liked this man. Bruce Barnum was on this staff and stayed to coach with Lewis. While Walsh himself was forgetable, his staff have made a life here in Idaho and have helped promote football in Pocatello.

Who is Leo Brouhard? Just a guess.

Leo passed away a number of years ago. He was a good coach and is responsible for bringing the Double Wing offense to SE Idaho. He was influenced by the legendary Markham in California. After ISU he coached at Marsh Valley and mentored Taylor who ended up winning a state title there. Leo was hard-nosed and old-school. He was a force to be reckoned with that Spring after McNeely got fired. He helped clean house and rid ISU of some problem players. They didn't have enough players to even scrimmage that spring. Another assistant of Walsh's is Derrick Mason who is an assistant with the Vikings. Under Walsh is also where Lance Anderson got his start at coaching. Anderson is now an assistant at Stanford and recruited Taysom Hill. He is one of their top recruiters and someone who I thought would be a great candidate for the head job at ISU. Walsh was a terrible person but he did bring some good assistants in, minus Ely of course.

I think Holmes would be a great addition here, but he may like his current position better.

1985 Bears said:
Personally, I would like to see coach Holmes come back and work with the defense. He is currently the D-Coordinator at Poky High and he coached DBs under Tom Walsh. He should have been the DC instead of that a$$hole Ely (currently at PSU), but that is another story.

Also, have they made a decision on the strength coach yet? Is that Kramer's call or Tingy's? I believe this position covers most sports so I am guessing it is Tingy's call.

You got it right...Zamberlin tried getting rid of Mark several times, but he isn't even considered a part of football. Tingey will have to make the switch. Kramer will bring with him his X's and O's, but the Bengal's successes/failures will be manufactured in the weight room. I hope Tingey makes the switch soon!

Seems like a good time to add my two cents...the weights coach needed is in IF; he's a disciple of Markham (mentioned above); played college fb, Double A baseball and ran track internationally (well rounded in athletics and needs of athletes). His current fb program has risen from the ashes and due to his weight program injuries and not common.

That would be Hillcrest's coach Owens. I knew he learned under Markham, but I didn't know the rest of his resume. ISU needs someone that inspires, is knowledgeable, and can be a hard-ass. They also shouldn't make excuses and blame the head coach for his own incompetence and lack of motivation.

If what I hear is correct that position pays very little. ISU would need to up the way to lure anyone away from a good job.

He's a tremendous motivator and gets a lot out of a little...his presence commands respect..athletes respond "Yes sir and No sir". No bs in his weight room.

Depends on your quarterback...

5 wide single back with a lot of quick passes and screens.

Depends on what talent there is on the team that will call more running plays if you have a good back. Look at at EWU does and that is about what you can expect for basic scheme.

Latest posts

Back