• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Don't see that every day...

FormerISUSID

...Down 14 with under 5 to go, you win on a four-point play with 8 seconds left....that's a great win. Good for those guys for battling and not rolling over!

FormerISUSID

I must confess, I turned the game off pissed with 15 minutes left to go.

Went to check the score on the Sac State tracker and saw the game was under 10 with three to play. I was about to flick it off again when it all happened. Well, I saw it with my own eyes--I guess it is real.

Maybe they get some momentum moving forward, sure hope so.

About time ISU wins one like that. We've all seen them lose in the same way. It takes a great deal of pride & desire to not give up & to overcome tremendous odds against you down 10 with under two minutes to play. Great job team members in coming together for the win and to the coaches for providing the leadership to make it happen. GO BENGALS! :thumb:

Fortunately I was able to see the game with about five minutes left, and I don't believe I'd ever seen anything like that before! The Sac State announcer was just heartsick about the whole thing (he's said mean things about ISU before), and it priceless to hear the pain and anguish in his voice. I think it's a real good sign that we've won two road league games with Deane Martin at the helm, and I expect us to finish out the season better than everyone's expectations.

I'm in my 24th season of calling Bengal games, and I admit that my memory has had a lot of things fade to black...but I don't recall an ISU team (men or women) overcoming a 22-point lead with 11 minutes left to play...ever! It was a remarkable thing to see!

For whatever reason ISU has struggled at Sac over the years. Its great to see them come back and get one. On to Portland.

Two years ago the ISU women were down 15 with nine minutes left at home vs. Weber State and came back to win the game in overtime.

That's about the closest comparison that I can think of.

PBP

Not much to say other than that was an amazing comeback, and a great pick me up for the team. Wow.

Check out this win probability chart for the game from KenPom - http://kenpom.com/winprob.php?g=2982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll admit I shut the game off, and was shocked when I saw the final later. That was awesome.

I haven't seen any posts yet regarding ISU's rout over NAU at home. But honestly, I can't figure out how the team has been playing so much better after O'Brien resigns and Deane Martin steps up from his asst. job to run the team. Maybe Tingey should really consider hiring Martin as our next head coach at season's end! I'd say that he'd be a lot safer bet than that coach at Madison High!

Last night, I thought NAU was as bad of a Big Sky team that I had seen in the past 5 years. Once Martin got his team to guard the three pointer and quit playing lazy defense, NAU had nothing and Martin should get credit for getting his team to quit playing lazy defense. Lazy defense has been something we have seen out of ISU the past few years, open threes are the norm. I would think that Sac State is a pretty awful Big Sky team also but a win on the road is a win on the road, particularly when a team comes back like ISU did. What will be telling for me is how the Bengals do at home against Portland State, Eastern Washington, and Northern Colorado, those are three homes games that they have to win and could win. I also think they can beat NAU in Flagstaff. Along with beating Sac State at home, the team could finish with 7 or 8 wins and that would be remarkable given where this team was at in December.

The earlier win over Northern Colorado on the road was a nice win against a mid-level Big Sky team and I did not expect that, though Northern Colorado has had moments of awfulness this year (losing to Westminster College). I do think that Martin deserves credit for keeping the team going but the question for the next coach is whether they can recruit. Maybe Martin has good recruiting connections. But he last coached NCAA hoops as an assistant at UNLV in 2004 before returning to be an assistant at ISU this year (he coached in the professional ranks for many years). I am taking a wait and see approach.

Nice win for ISU, as once again Chase Grabau had an outstanding all-around game... he is going to have to get some consideration for first-team all -conference at this rate.

Suddenly, a huge game on Thursday night with UNC coming to town... three teams tied for fifth in the Big Sky, and obviously only two teams will be going to the conference tourney.

If they keep winning about half the games it will be interesting to see what they as far as Martin as head coach.

Latest posts

Back